Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo i bought a Asg ssg69 p2 for 50$ and i wanna make it into a true beast

ive been looking around and can not find any info on people trying to diy upgrade this gun im ready to do some heavy modding to make it my very own design and also to make it shoot great.

But this has me searching for a "high end" piston/cylinder that will fit i know i has no aftermarket parts or whatever but

Im willing to make them myself if i cant find them

And thats why it would be awesome if someone could send me some measurements of a high end piston that fits a vsr-10

I also want to know if anyone has tried doing any heavy modding to the ssg69...

Im also pretty sure you can fit a vsr-10 bolt-handle on there if you grind it down abit or abunch

this is my first post sorry for being stupid and probably breaking half the rules...

any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man ive looked around and there seems to be parts that can fit pretty well with some modding..

I think my best bet is trying to find a new piston assembely and change the entire bolt/piston/cylinder for something high end

If i ever make something work ill make sure to keep folks posted

Im so happy you gave me an actual answer everywhere else people just reply with "no"
"That gun sucks buy a new one"

Where is the fun in that..

this forum rocks btw !

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,036 Posts
Here's a guide on some upgrades for the gun: Link1

I am not entirely sure about this gun, however, it might be compatible with an aps2 piston and spring guide.
APS2 piston and spring guide fit into the asg m40a3 so they might fit the ssg69.
Link2

Unfortunately, the ssg69 is not compatible with that many parts out on the market, and is a largely propriety platform.
There are some things you can do to improve it though.
Here's a link to a thread about improving the asg m40a3. This is generally a good guide to improvements you can make to any airsoft sniper rifle. Link3

You cannot upgrade the cylinder assembly itself. There are no parts for this, unless you machine it yourself. If you have the equipment to do this, it is very much possible.

Once you get the tightbore barrel that is used in Link1, then you should probably upgrade the hopup rubber.
There are a couple of choices for this. Either:
1) Remove the bridge of the barrel using a file and then put on a maple leaf bucking.
2) Use a bucking that can work with a bridged barrel. Good ones include Laylax Nineball, Unicorn, Madbull and PDI.
3) Rhop.
4) Flathop stock bucking

I would also polish up the barrel using Meguiar's car cutting compound.

Also note that on a high powered spring, the trigger is unlikely to last that long...

Finally, and on a completely unrelated note, it is considered good practice on this forum to make an 'intro post'. This is so we can get a general idea of how experienced you are, how much knowledge you have etc. This is a small community so it is often helpful for us to get a general idea of who new members are.

Other than that...allow me to simply say- 'Happy Sniping!' God that sounds so incredibly cringe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot man now i have list to get to

Il also start making my intro post right now

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,036 Posts
One thing I also forgot to mention is a tdc mod.
This will be very helpful in improving your hopup.
What it involves is putting a hole through your outer barrel, tapping it/supergluing a nut on top and using a screw to adjust your hopup.
This means that more precise adjustments can be made, as well as eliminating any side-curve due to uneven pressure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This does not sound to hard to do ill have to order some grease,oil,glue/weld and the tapes i dont have already.
Ive read the guide and im definitely using it for reference, it was an epic read.

I've decided to try and machine a new custom bolt-handle using 3mm aliminium sheet stacked,
pinned with steel pins and bonded with jb-weld.

I also wanna make some gray rubber inlays in the stock (where its cross textured)

im gonna need a chronograph before i can do any serious testing but reading that post has me stoked to try it out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts