Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in a few days my new SVD-S is coming in. I was wondering what I should consider upgrading on it to start of with. I bought it because I wanted one and because it was at half price.

It's got a folding stock, which increases agility and ability to move extra quickly when needed.
It is full metal except for the handguard and grip.
However - it's not semi-auto. I like manual rifles more. Just personal preference...

I'm getting a bipod for it, and a scope. (The proper ones for the SVD ofc)

What should I do to increase precision, power and such?

Thanks in advance!

-Wireless

·
Registered
92 Posts
Barrels/hop: If we have the same type of SVDS, then yours should also take vsr buckings and barrels. There's an extremely large selection of parts you can select from.

Trigger: The trigger assembly is different from that of the SVD, so you cannot use them interchangeably. However, I was able to fit my sear from my SVD in my SVDS. A word of warning, aftermarket parts might not be compatible. It appears close enough, but I haven't confirmed or seen anyone claim so.

Cylinder/piston/head: Cylinders and pistons are interchangeable between the SVDS and SVD, however, repeated use of the SVD cylinder head in the SVDS will deform the feeding tube in the SVDS, as the SVD part is a little bit larger. However, My SVD piston worked fine in my SVDS.

Everything else is generally incompatible. Also,

It's got a folding stock, which increases agility and ability to move extra quickly when needed.
The SVDS is heavier than the SVD despite the SVDS's folding stock. You may be disappointed in the "mobility difference."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! About the folding stock: Because of the way I run using folding stocks I actually run faster. I have been playing with cranestock and foldingstock on an M16. I ran faster with the folding stock :)

Should I swap the spring and do the TDC mod too?

Thanks for reply!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks! About the folding stock: Because of the way I run using folding stocks I actually run faster. I have been playing with cranestock and foldingstock on an M16. I ran faster with the folding stock :)

Should I swap the spring and do the TDC mod too?

Thanks for reply!
For the springs, the SVDS utilizes AEG elongated springs like the SVD and PSG-1. Personally, I'd test and play with it to see if the power is adequate before I purchase a new spring. If it works, it works.

Unfortunately, the bolt carrier, when in battery, surrounds the entire hop-up chamber, preventing you from tapping the chamber for a TDC installation. This is also the case for the SVD. You should verify anyways since our models could be different, but on mine there is no room for any additional protrusions from the hopup chamber without greatly modifying the bolt carrier first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, the bolt carrier, when in battery, surrounds the entire hop-up chamber, preventing you from tapping the chamber for a TDC installation. This is also the case for the SVD. You should verify anyways since our models could be different, but on mine there is no room for any additional protrusions from the hopup chamber without greatly modifying the bolt carrier first.
Oh.. I'll have a look :) Thanks! It came with the M120 spring and that should last a while. The internals will have an overhaul at my next paycheck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.