Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I don't have a front sight on my sniper rifle. It was missing when I got it and my friend said it fell of during a game. I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get a replacement or a DIY front sight tutorial.

Thanks

EDIT-Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask!

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I have the same problem actually. I plan to go to Dunhams,Dicks or some kind of store like that sometime to get a real front "ramp sight" Google some and pick what ya think is cool and maybe order online even. Do you have any broken guns you could hack one from? I was debating hacking my old Scar front sight but I think a real one would be coolest and less work.There are plenty of styles out there to choose from too.

How are you liking that rail by the way, I was kinda diggin a few I have seen lately.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about getting a real steel one, but most require a screw to attach and on mine it just uses double sided tape to attach..... When I replace it I'm thinking super glue!! I've looked at Remington ones for the 700 which is what this gun is based off of for the civilian world.
The rail adds a cool tactical look to it! I don't really have the need for the full length, maybe if I ever got a NV scope attachment but that would break the bank and then some just for airsoft! If you have a need for it I like it!

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Even super glue will come off. I had a nice ramp sight from an old half broken pellet rifle I found. I super glued it in place, a few dats later I felt great and went to a game. I guess I forgot to drill the hole and tap in the screw cause that sweet sight is gone bro,lol.. I felt so crappy man,hahaha. The hole is easy to do, best thing is starting with a small hole and work your way up to size. That makes less drill bit slippage and also less wear on the bits. Make sure you use super glue gel so you have time to set it where you want it. About 2 hours later get out the drill.You could always use a rail attatched flip up sight for and m4 or something short/low profile but they may all me too tall I dont know. Also depends on how crafty you are. I think a g36 front sight would look nice. Some dremel work would need to be done but its possible.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Ah yes, the R700 lol.. Mine came like that from a buddy too. Maybe use Amazing Goop. Its like rubber cement but way stronger ao it can handle some flex if ya bump it. I would fill in that hole with some JB weld stick and then glue one on over it. I will take a look at a few sights real quick that I think could cover that up.

Update.

That one could even be set back a hair so the screw could hold it.

This one you could just drill another hole in the front and have 2 screws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.