Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo yo yo!

So, I traded me G36KE into this SPRINGER beauty, NOT gas or AEG. (Pictures included in few days. I hope... =P ) It has M170 custom (self-made by previous expert owner) parts, which is a good thing since there are almost no upgrade parts for this rifle. There is also these lovely colored and finished "limited edition" wood parts and the magazines are the only plastic in it so all I say is YUMMY!

I got also an authentic POSP scope (sadly it's "Made in Belarus" but oh well...) with the rifle. This scope is great since it has a red LED-powered cross-hair lighting for night/dark use and that range-finder scale as stock options. And even though it is attached into the side rail it is easily adjusted into place. Only slight minus I'd say is the fact that the scope itself is slightly over the left side of the gun so one must aim a bit off on the left side to correct the aim.

Only real disappointment was these pesky plastic magazines. Got four of 'em, one was forgotten to traders place, one f****d up when I loaded it, so now I've got three 30 bb's magazines... Well they look fine and work well... But I'll buy three metal SVD magazines and I'll fit 'em on these blocks. At least I believe it ain't that hard. Just grind off the extra plastic and in the metal shells they go. Right?

Then there came this strap that was originally used on some other Finnish rifle, I heard. So, okay it clashes in originality (Finnish strap vs. USSR/Soviet gun), but looks good enough so I think I'll just leave it as it is and claim it to be the real deal. xD

Even with high power (M170/~558fps) and the "reload" done by pulling the cocking handle (what a surprise huh? xP). This gun is remarkably silent and somewhat light to reload, though cocking handle COULD be just a bit longer, but yet again good enough.

The Hop-Up is adjustable and it's done almost like in the Maruzen Type 96. Thank God there's only one freaking small screw to screw in the same spot as Type 96. I didn't have to adjust it since it was already adjusted for the bb's (0,28g bio-bb's, which I happen to use), but I bet that this hop up -rubber is also fragile for excessive screwing as the Type 96.

To conclude this waste of time I'd state that if you started to consider this gun as your next trophy on the wall (believe me it's GORGEOUS!) remember that you'll have some hard time finding upgrades on it (unless you have someone skilled to create 'em for ya, or buy/trade an upgraded one, like I did ;) ). I recommend purchasing an authentic Russian POSP or PO scope since they are WAY cheaper and surely are more reliable than airsoft retail ones. In example I find scopes from local shops here for about 90-110 euros and KA scope is 239 euros at cheapest.

P.S. It is NOT a shame to play with a semi-auto SPRINGER!!!

And now those pictures I promised:

Like you see there's that hidious plastic stock.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riiiight, okay, henceforth when I decide to review a new gun I'll just fetch someone elses quality review and link it in... And then add my own comments after the link...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to let everyone know, the Atoz Dragunov SVD's are DISCONTINUED. I called and emailed Atoz and they emailed me back and said they were never making them again and that they stopped about 1 year ago, so it is INCREDIBLY hard to find them.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I can testify against last comment since I found few 2nd hand AtoZ SVD rifles from Finnish online market areas and few near me and one even willing to drive to my local play area to drop the gun. =) Then again others might not be that lucky... =D

Oh and yes, my original post in this thread is currently irrelevant since I had to due some unfortunate setbacks cancel the trade of this fine weapon to my G36KE... BUT I'm gonna get a new AtoZ SVD in few days - two weeks and when I do I will update my post to that date.

MOD:
Added pictures! =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.