Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LMy bucking is a 70 degree autobot bucking. Time to change it after 3000+ shots.

Stick with the autobot or use the mr rhop?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I’d do Autobot with panthera or masada nub. I have an MR hop in one of my rifles now and it’s hit or miss. Some days it’s phenomenal, other days it’s inconsistent. I have a 60° MR hop with panthera nub. Maybe another nub would work better but overall I like the OG Diamond or autobot 60° better!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I would say a 2021 60° MR-hop or 2021 60° Autobot, I wouldn't bother with the Macaron era.
The 2021 buckings don't really need "warm up" shots like the older gen, and are more resistant to BB slippage.

For the nub, MASADA is the way to go if you're in canadiadia or murica, and the Panthera if elsewhere.
If you're using a non VSR-10, I suggest any of the concave nubs around.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much better is the nubs you both recommended over the maple leaf concave nub? I use these in every rifle and my vsr10 for years.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
They are noticably better, I personally experienced better vertical consistency, and better horizontal consistency, so better accuracy overall.
I also had a curving issue before where I always got a left curve (eventually turned into a right curve) and it disappeared.
I am sure I wasn't holding the gun at an angle, as I don't have to angle my VSR-10 now.

I would say that the Maple Leaf is the second best nub available if you count the Panthera and MASADA as one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I just grabbed a MASADA nub

Wow shipping was $18 and the nub $12.

I hope to have better results!

·
Registered
619 Posts
if the QC of 2021 version more better, I will vote for it!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I really recommend using the Masada arm with thr Action Army chamber. It's got my rifle performing better than any other setup I've tried. The arm seems to be of higher tolerance and doesn't wobble in my chamber much if at all compared to the og arm.

Reactions: plasticnoob

·
Registered
280 Posts
I really recommend using the Masada arm with thr Action Army chamber. It's got my rifle performing better than any other setup I've tried. The arm seems to be of higher tolerance and doesn't wobble in my chamber much if at all compared to the og arm.
Ya, this is what I've found works best apart from going to a full TDC setup. If someone has an Action Army chamber it's the first thing I'd suggest doing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the one from shapeways?

I just spent $30 for the nub, the arm is more stable platform?

I guess I'll order this as well and do some testing and keep one of my other rifle.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The arm is best in my experience. Make sure to order the most expensive finest detail option.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is the one from shapeways?

I just spent $30 for the nub, the arm is more stable platform?

I guess I'll order this as well and do some testing and keep one of my other rifle.
You only spent $24 (CAD), it was a small item, so I was able to refund some of the shipping cost! Enjoy the nub! I can confirm it's definitely miles better than the Maple Leaf. I also have the arm in stock, let me know if you want one, I can add it in without added shipping.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You only spent $24 (CAD), it was a small item, so I was able to refund some of the shipping cost! Enjoy the nub! I can confirm it's definitely miles better than the Maple Leaf. I also have the arm in stock, let me know if you want one, I can add it in without added shipping.
Thank you!
Actually ordered the arm from your shapeways store with finest option. Can't wait to get them!

·
Registered
280 Posts
wich version of masada arm is the best for AA chamber?
the smoothest from shapeways or the one from 1shotairsoft?
They will both be equivalent. All the ones that have sold on Shapeways have been the smoothest detail option, and the ones on 1shot I made myself in extremely high detail. The ones I use in my guns are the same as the variant on 1shot if that makes any difference to you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the shapeways one in yesterday, very smooth, no time to install yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put 100+ bb's of .45 through the arm today with a new bucking (see FB post). Seems to have improved the flyers but I still get them from time to time. The .40's no longer work with the arm, it's very sensitive the tdc was almost off! also a little sensitive with the .45's. Maybe I need 50's!?

I will install the nub in my other bar 10 at a later date. So far happy with the new results and confident it will improve gameplay even more.:yup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ya that large contact patch on the nub applies a lot of pressure to the bucking. Think about it this way: you're now using the full contact patch of the bucking, lol.

With really fine adjustment I've tried it with .36's, but I primarily use .45's and heavier. The angle of the nub was set to be flat with hop set for .48's (though this also depends on energy output).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ya that large contact patch on the nub applies a lot of pressure to the bucking. Think about it this way: you're now using the full contact patch of the bucking, lol.

With really fine adjustment I've tried it with .36's, but I primarily use .45's and heavier. The angle of the nub was set to be flat with hop set for .48's (though this also depends on energy output).
I'm at 2.5j or 515-522 fps. I just ordered some .50s going to test it out. I'll report back on the .45s on next game then on .50s after.

I was hitting 300 feet and 310 feet 7/10 times on a kid pool at one point today. Had some 5 to 8mph gusts of wind. I stabilized the gun on a chair while I was seated.

Sorry for the sideways picture, came out weird, and the camera doesn't look good through the scope.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts