Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who agrees/disagrees with KM's acts?
Was a better way to handle this "big" cheater and this incident?
Should shot him in his face or not?
What players in this forum would do?

In short, based on published videos, did not see KM doing anything wrong...
What are your thoughts guys?

(3:26)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Should have changed targets and reported to a Marshall, players should not confront it as always make both parties look bad in every case.

But KM is a known cheater himself and is banned from many UK sites. His entire channel is built on cheaters and injuries and only highlights the worst of the sport so I tend to never believe his story on events as he aims to capture drama to upload which he could manufacturer through cheating himself.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think KM is a savage dickhead and a lot of people don’t like that. I can agree to disagree on a lot of his behavior though. However, if I’m shooting someone that many times you can be damn sure I will keep shooting my plastic bbs at them and aim for the head. Call your hits.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Airsoft is about shooting people and trying not to get shot, but if you spend a shit ton of money or travel from quite far away I imagine that one would be inclined to not call hits, or totally waste the guy who was trying to get you to call hit.
While KM should have called a ref towards the end of the video, I say that he was right to continue shooting that guy as it would be near impossible to get back to where he was camping if he had gotten out and called a ref.
As for KM getting shot multiple times, I would assume that it was because the other player was mad, but he blended quite well and I didn't really notice his arm, a possible fault on him for not waving his arm around of having a deadrag.

I do value KM's opinion and actions less given his history of cheating and trying to get clicks through drama, but that other guy was definitely more in the wrong from my opinion of the situation.
Another possibility that I wouldb't rule out is that KM paid the guy to do that for a video, something I guarantee he has done before.

Still, I have never had any cheater experiences when I've played, possibly because I go to a field with somewhat small numbers where you aren't paying hundreds of dollars or travelling around the world, but possibly because people are not paying cheaters, or even worse, being British.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Ignoring all the other drama that surrounds him, I don't take any issue with him repeatedly taking shots at the head in this specific instance. When someone is cheating that badly and shrugging off what are unquestionably solid hits, you do what it takes to get them to call it. I understand his frustration in the last video, but the way he opted to handle that was decidedly not the best method.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Still, I have never had any cheater experiences when I've played, possibly because I go to a field with somewhat small numbers where you aren't paying hundreds of dollars or travelling around the world, but possibly because people are not paying cheaters, or even worse, being British.
It doesn't happen too often, but I've seen it. In high school we knew who the cheaters were - I'd give them a chance to take the hit, then I made sure the next shot hurt (neck, groin, etc). They always called the second hit - not because they wanted to, but because everyone saw them wince in pain.

At the local fields I've had a few cheaters. Now, to be fair, it was generally at the +230ft range, so there's a possibility that they were just convinced they were out of range...but my brother and I have shot each other at 310ft, and it is still very clearly an airsoft bb pelting you. You can tell when they react to the bb hit but then don't do anything about it. Again, not saying all of them are intentionally cheating....I've called hits that weren't really hits, and probably not called a hit that was actually a hit. But some are obvious....like the guy that ate 4 shots from my brother and I in a matter of 10 seconds and just kept chillin. When you tag all the guys around him you know it isn't because you are missing.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
In the video, the person getting hit was feeling the shots but only just and so he may have thought it was just a ricochet. There are after all a stack load of bb's flying around that place. So my guess is that he just thought that he would carry on as ricochets do not count. Though, in saying this, you can see that he was looking in KM's direction and so within the targets head he would have been thinking, "was that a ricochet or am I getting shot?" In this case, if in doubt, call yourself out. He did not do this.
After seeing this video, I hope he got rid of his jersey to a compression top. (It looks like a pretty thick jersey he is wearing.)

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
removed for being too "toxic"

Its part of the game. If you don't like getting shot in the face, then get better face pro or don't play.

I dont have issues with cheaters, most of them get talked to by staff before it escalates. You should see how many times I get accused for cheating. Which 9 times out of 10 the person bitching is the one cheating. Its pretty hilarious when the refs stand next to me to see if they are hitting me. Which most of the shots either fall laughably short or they miss me by a few feet.

Then again most people hate when I show up anyway, just for the simple fact I snipe and I'm good at it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Due to the much closer and tend to be CQB fields I am in, we use tracer BBs exactly for this kind of scenario where it's much harder to claim you didn't feel the hit if a tracer BB clearly bounced off you.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
It's simply not possible due to the density of the pigment and the volume it takes up, capping out at like .32g.
It would be cool if you could mix ceramic and whatever pigment, but the heat used to fuze ceramic would immediately destroy any glow pigment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I read the posts about cheating, banned from UK fields etc. Didn’t know these…

My opinion, if this was a real incident (I don’t know if it was a planned “incident” for youtube “clicks” etc…):
There is heavy bbs “rain” and this justifies maybe 1-2 ”hit” considered as ricochets.
Other guys also didn’t call the “hit” but only 1-2 times, not 7 times. And that justifies the headshot to make him understand that is a clean”hit”. I don’t blame KM for his choice But should avoid it.
I would stop shooting him and aim other players. After the end, would report him to a marshal and provide the proof (video).
This guy understood that got many “hits” and didn’t called it. And thats how a problem, frustration and ruining the game starts…
KM called ”hit” many times and they sprayed him. Unacceptable act and was right to get upset. I doubt they didn’t hear him calling his “hit”as they were close to him, >10m.

I’ve watched a few KM‘s videos and saw that in many cases could shoot players body but hit their heads instead. Not good choice, is brutal & shouldn’t did this. I’ve seen many players with no certified eye protection. Thats why we must do everything and avoid the hs.

In general, we must do everything to avoid headshots. Headshots are the worst “hit”. Is a sudden, strong and scaring feeling on a very fragile part of our body with crucial and sensitive organs like eyes. Thats why I insist on excellent and heavy face protection. BBs are light projectiles, unstable and can hit anywhere even when we don’t aim for the head. So GET face protection, not just the eyes, and cover EVERYTHING. The eyes, mouth, nose, ears, neck…And don’t complain if you get a hs and start bleeding, cover your head.

We also must not aim for the head below 40m, even if head is the only part we can shoot at.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Headshots.should never be your primary goal.

Now you know the truth about KM, I think everyone should think about their own game days and how often you come across cheaters. To be honest I find it's very rare to find them and most people normally agree they go to many games without any cheaters.

Yet all of the click bait airsoft YouTubers videos show them every other game at most. So are they just better at finding them or are they staging videos for views?

Average clickbait channel video schedule
Crazy op weapon/or selling their own products>I kill cheater with headshot>world's most realistic Airsoft gun (with fake bullet casing edited on to thumbnail)>cheater gets headshot/full auto

Repeat 4 video cycle above.

Its an embarrassment to the sport as these video's/channels are the most viewed and yet represent 0% of what's goes on during the average game day.

Don't get me wrong some YouTubers are good but you managed to pick one of / if not the worst.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
To be honest I don't mind head shots. It is part of the game. Even today I was in a few CQB battles and head shots were the primary target. (Most of the time it is all you see)
Just make sure you have good goggles, a mask and a hat to save the forehead.
One of the games we played today was that you had to shoot other peoples balloons (Everybody onto everybody). The only way you could die was to have your balloon shot. So you protected it (Not allowed to hide it under clothing). This meant that if you were brave enough, you could put the balloon behind your back and advance on the enemy. We did have some engagements where only the head, hand and the gun was seen and these were very close (2 meters). After these close engagements, and there were many, everyone was smiling and we loved it. So just make sure you wear the right gear and you will be fine.
If you do get a bleeder, just suck it up. Don't be a Nancy and complain.

·
Registered
640 Posts
There's an idea. Now we just need to get novi boy to see this post (though he'd probably charge 20 bucks for 500 rounds or some obscene price like that).
Yeah that is currently not possible with modern knowledge unfortunately. You might be able to ask companies to maybe paint the BBs in luminescent pigments but that is a whole new can of worms (from a price and chemical safety perspective).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have to agree with 1tonn - headshots are part of the game. Back in high school we played with 500fps rifles with no MED. Got hit in the ear lobe once at 30ft or so by a sniper rifle - it hurt and didn't stop bleeding until we got some liquid stitching on it. I don't want anyone to get hurt but airsoft is pretty tame compared to paintball. With a face mask and proper shielding headshots are no worse than any other body part, IMO.

My grandfather told they used to play with bb guns much the same way - only they had no eye protection. He got a bb nearly clean thru his bottom lip - he was hiding in a barn and friend sniped him thru the slat. Had it been one slat higher he'd have lost his eye! He said it wasn't the smartest thing they'd ever done, but that was their entertainment back then.

I get the impression most airsoft players have never tried paintball, because that crap hurts. Even when I got hit in the ear it still wasn't quite as bad as my worst paintball it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not saying to avoid 100%, I can say I've racked up a reasonable sum but I always want a OHK (so body shots are preferred if available) and assume that the other player bought the cheaper protection with the lowest/if rated at all impact rating.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Headshots don't make sense unless it's the only visible thing to shoot, there's a cheater that needs getting, or it happens.
A headshot is a small target that will reduce your effectiveness overall if you only focus on headshots, since you don't actually want an instant takedown like in a defense or war scenario.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts