Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

AW (not the WE OEM one) released a licensed copy of the Mk17 Mod3 and the Mk17C rifle, fully licensed by Accuracy International.

TLDR:

- VSR system just like about every Taiwan guns else.
- Uses a hop up chamber that is extremely similar to the Action Army one, except now the location of hop adjustment is on top of the gun (like the Amoeba Striker) instead of underneath. It also uses a flat head screwdriver.
- Uses a cylinder that is an extended version of the VSR (cylinder body is identical to a VSR spec cylinder - its the cylinder head that is extended). Will have a 40cc upgrade in the future but the upgrade is not compatible with regular VSRs.
- Typical VSR mag that is stored right under the handguard (you need to first slide the handguard out to reach the truly functional mag).
- Has a pseudo Nu-Trigger.
- Spring diameter is 9mm with steel guides and a piston similar to the PSS one (but without weight reduction).
- Weight is about 4.2kg unladen (3.5kg for Mk17C)
- Inner barrel length is 535mm for Mod 3 (not specified for Mk17C) and uses a transparent bucking that is similar to the Autobot.
- Price of around 20,000 New Taiwan Dollars (~800 USD).

What I like:

- Overall internals are definitely solid, especially with the hop up chamber that is suspiciously similar to the Action Army but with O-rings for anti-shock and a more convenient adjustment method.
- External finish is impressive, definitely one of the rifles up there being one of the most well made guns.

What I did not like:

- The price. Just why. A huge price tag that even puts the SRS to shame and that's not even a shipped price.
- Uninspiring VSR system. I mean, developing a new system is expensive, sure, but why not just make an improved system if you even get to upgrade the cylinder size.
- A whopping 3.5kg or 4.2kg. To put that in perspective that's about as heavy as the A&K M24, and also makes the SRSA1 look light in comparision.

Overall I like the externals of this gun, but it is definitely not "the most anticipated rifle" especially with the SRSA2 around at a cheaper price and with a better designed system.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I applaud the design, but $800 is way too much to ask. It's going to be completely out of consideration at that price.

Reactions: DJsnipe and Sodium

·
Registered
618 Posts
Same. It's a shame that such a beautiful rifle comes at such a cost. There's no room for consideration in the majority of the market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All, I'm Nelson from ARCHWICK Co. Thank you for your interest in our product, I'd like to make some clarifications.

1.) The US / EU price should be lower. ASG has the exclusive distributorship and they're probably not going to set the price so high. The reason why the Asian prices are higher is because of Licensing fees paid to ASG for the use of the AI license and Covid related increased shipping fees to markets such as Japan and Korea.

2.) We tried to pack in as much value and upgraded parts as possible. The internals are designed to handle higher power upgrades out of the block, and the hop up unit is something we sell a la carte as an upgrade item to other VSR10 based rifles.

3.) There's A LOT of CNC aluminum and steel parts in the gun. The lower, the upper, the rail system, the action are all CNC'd, which drives up the cost.

Thank you.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Arch-Wick - understandable. I know that CNC machines are no easy cost, since I've looked at them myself. I can tell you though, having a CNC to work on for custom parts would be a dream come true

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I'm Nelson from ARCHWICK Co. Thank you for your interest in our product, I'd like to make some clarifications.

1.) The US / EU price should be lower. ASG has the exclusive distributorship and they're probably not going to set the price so high. The reason why the Asian prices are higher is because of Licensing fees paid to ASG for the use of the AI license and Covid related increased shipping fees to markets such as Japan and Korea.

2.) We tried to pack in as much value and upgraded parts as possible. The internals are designed to handle higher power upgrades out of the block, and the hop up unit is something we sell a la carte as an upgrade item to other VSR10 based rifles.

3.) There's A LOT of CNC aluminum and steel parts in the gun. The lower, the upper, the rail system, the action are all CNC'd, which drives up the cost.

Thank you.
Hi, what about the 40cc upgrade for the cylinder and does it work without the extended part of the cylinder?
thank you for your response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts