AW (not the WE OEM one) released a licensed copy of the Mk17 Mod3 and the Mk17C rifle, fully licensed by Accuracy International.
- VSR system just like about every Taiwan guns else.
- Uses a hop up chamber that is extremely similar to the Action Army one, except now the location of hop adjustment is on top of the gun (like the Amoeba Striker) instead of underneath. It also uses a flat head screwdriver.
- Uses a cylinder that is an extended version of the VSR (cylinder body is identical to a VSR spec cylinder - its the cylinder head that is extended). Will have a 40cc upgrade in the future but the upgrade is not compatible with regular VSRs.
- Typical VSR mag that is stored right under the handguard (you need to first slide the handguard out to reach the truly functional mag).
- Has a pseudo Nu-Trigger.
- Spring diameter is 9mm with steel guides and a piston similar to the PSS one (but without weight reduction).
- Weight is about 4.2kg unladen (3.5kg for Mk17C)
- Inner barrel length is 535mm for Mod 3 (not specified for Mk17C) and uses a transparent bucking that is similar to the Autobot.
- Price of around 20,000 New Taiwan Dollars (~800 USD).
What I like:
- Overall internals are definitely solid, especially with the hop up chamber that is suspiciously similar to the Action Army but with O-rings for anti-shock and a more convenient adjustment method.
- External finish is impressive, definitely one of the rifles up there being one of the most well made guns.
What I did not like:
- The price. Just why. A huge price tag that even puts the SRS to shame and that's not even a shipped price.
- Uninspiring VSR system. I mean, developing a new system is expensive, sure, but why not just make an improved system if you even get to upgrade the cylinder size.
- A whopping 3.5kg or 4.2kg. To put that in perspective that's about as heavy as the A&K M24, and also makes the SRSA1 look light in comparision.
Overall I like the externals of this gun, but it is definitely not "the most anticipated rifle" especially with the SRSA2 around at a cheaper price and with a better designed system.