Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this gun is not mine. But I did happen to get a picture with it. It is a gas blowback Barret. It shoots 8mm .43 gram bb's (that's what I was told at least.) It weighed what felt like 30 pounds. The full barrel retracts/ kicks back into the gun about 6 inches when fired. Suposedly there was only like 100 of them made. Hope you guys enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
That thing ways more than my cat, and as you know, she isn't exactly small.

I would be anxious to try a game out using that. Would be interesting to see how much of a challenge it would be dragging that around.

·
Banned
215 Posts
VFC was NBB, and were still shit. Wasn't really the rifles NBB mechanism at fault, but the shitty hop up design, with brittle proprietary bucking for a inaccurate 8mm. That picture reminds me of my VFC M82 I had. There was more around ~1000 of the M82's made, as to whether 100 imported or not, that I am unsure of. Although, no VFC M82 ever had the barrel recoil with every shot. The barrel had a spring system in there to recoil back out if pushed in though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was only going by what the owner said. He was foriegn and had an accent. So I could have misinterpreted something. He seemed to tell me that the body was either a modified real steal version or something to that sort. And also that parts are impossible to get and have to be made. IDK. When it comes down to it, it just looks awesome. I'd rather have a trusty vsr/mk96 at my side.

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
It looks good but if someone is interested Socom Gear will release a GBB shell eject version of the Barrett of course fully licensed.
To be honest this looks extremely like a VFC, though if it's based on RS then it would cost a fortune.
Also it would require a tonn of work.

Wolf

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Not a Smokey's. They used shells, and like most other Gbb/Nbb blow-backs were bad.

I couldn't care less who it is made buy, but that thing is sweet!

·
Registered
72 Posts
inthetallgrass said:
Timm if people are saying the VFC is a NBB and this is blowback I don't think it is a VFC.
The VFC's barrel "Recoils", but not by its own accord. If he saw the barrel recoil when pushed then it could have been a misinterpretation.

mroverkill said:
I'm pretty sure that the Smokey's used a push cocking spring, correct me if I'm wrong.
Half correct. The Smokeys ejected the shell, but you had to push the bolt closed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.