Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Natural wind indicators to ponder grass sways at appox. 2-3 MPH and tree leaves at 5-8. at 10+ I could be wrong but hitting someone with a bb is kinda "eh". Another thing, your mil rangefinding only works on the magnification you zero your rifle at, your zero will also shift when you change your magnification.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You basically reiterated what I just said, albiet in more detail. But no I dont think it quit works that way. literally to use Mil-dots the way they are designed you need a slide ruler if your constantly changing your magnification. . It would be irrelavent in anycase as like I said your Point of Impact changes when you change your magnification.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Its how they are built, Unless your using a high end scope like a Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, Swarovski etc, the repeatability is iffy at best. The turrets put spring tension in varying amounts on a piece called the erector tube, the part were most of the lenses are held. The tension in turn tweaks the tube in one direction or the other in minute amounts giving you your elevation, depression, and windage.

Among other things with the lesser quility scopes the springs arnt manufactured to tight tolerances and so they exert differing amounts of force each time you adjust them, in some cases they just "squish" and dont move when you adjust. The erector tube system, is very fragile, and is often the man cause of failure in a scope. Ive seen some scope manufactures, namely Simmons off the top of my head, make use of a gimble to increase endurance and sensitivity. Also as with your BASR piston springs they weaken over time with the constant tension, and you get whats called a shifting zero, every time you shoot your zero shifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.