Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my journal for my Bar-10 pro and g-spec.
Experiments, reviews, and pictures for anyone who chooses a similar path.

History: I bought the stock Pro bar-10 in the start of January 2013. Since then, I've fell in love with this sniper rifle. I've put hundreds of hours into it and hundreds of dollars as well. All of it has paid off and I can confidently say that I'm proud of what I've done so far. I've learned this rifle from externals to internals to knowing its capabilities. It's almost an extension of yourself once your in the field. I'd recommend, if you choose to become a sniper, to also learn, build, and improve your sniper rifle. It's important because if you have someone do everything for you, then your not getting the full experience and the feeling of accomplishment. So just remember that when you decide to pick one up. It's a lot of tedious work, but it really does pay off.

Current upgrades list: Pro

Matrix 3-12x50 illuminated scope
Laylax orange piston
Laylax spring guide
Laylax m150 spring
Laylax Teflon cylinder
Laylax Air seal Damper head
Laylax 6.03 430mm VSR inner barrel
Springer's S-trigger
Tokyo Marui precision hop up chamber
Lonex VSR-10 bucking
PDI g-spec barrel spacers x4
PDI lightweight outer barrel 570mm
PDI receiver
Avalon MARS rail system
G spec bolt handle
DIY Mods(Teflon tape, foam stock)

G-spec: purchasing one soon!

·
Registered
838 Posts
can't wait to see result of it bro, I'm preparing to buy G-spec ( or long version ) too.

Reactions: bmr3

·
Registered
627 Posts
Curious to hear how those buckings do! I want to change mine out, might do like you did and order several different kinds and give them a go. I still have a few flyers that I'd like to get rid of. I might lrb mine but don't know how that will work as my mock suppressor isn't flush to the inner barrel so don't know that the bb would clear it after exiting the inner barrel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems to me you have the builds backwards, I always use my gspec as the shorter range more mobile shooter as it has the shorter barrel. I have the suppressor mocked up with a spiral-ported inner tube that is shrouded in steel wool. This cuts the sound down to almost nothing, and I only screw it on when I have reached my shooting position. Gives me lots of manouverability in the meantime with a scout length rifle. Range is decent at 200 feet torso sized, the r hop going in should improve that. Not bad for a foot long barrel.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know, it is kinda backwards but I wanted to go a different path from the usuals. I figure I will use an extended barrel with a mock silencer to cover it up. This will help with accuracy. Then the ER-hop will also give it the consistency I'm looking for. And then the edgi SP01 spring to pack a punch. This way, I'll hit my target before they even hear the shot ;) but it will be interesting to see how that works out and if it doesn't then I can just swap builds between rifles.

Currently my pro is only 5Lbs, I think that weight is perfect for mobility. I use it all the time and I can sprint in and out of areas when needed. Without getting tired. I usually play 6-7hours worth of games so its a great weight for stamina purposes.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's glued on, so you can try heating it up with a hair dryer, or better yet a heat gun. When I fist got my bar10 I wanted to take the tip off, so I just too a big ass pair of pliers and torqued it off. I left deep gouges in the tip though from the plier teeth, but the tip is orange all the way through, not just painted, so it's fine.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
No it doesn't. Otherwise we wouldn't need an adapter.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE: 3/7/13

So I just opened all my recently ordered items. Everything except the maple diamond bucking came.
The G-Spec looks to be in good condition. It seems the previous owner has never once disassembled the rifle and from the positioning of the scope(the crosshairs were sideways lmao) it looks as if it was a kid who owned it. Luckily for me, he didn't mess with the internals. The paint job definitely needs some work haha. I plan on repainting both my bar-10s. Other than that, everything looks good! Tomorrow I will be installing the new 499mm madbull barrel, and A+ 60 degree bucking. Then I'll test the accuracy and range and adjust accordingly from there. Oh yeah and I put the bipod on which gave it a nice look, it's a little heavy but that's what I was going for. It's dead silent too! For now.

Anyways here's some pics:

Machine gun Air gun Table Trigger Shotgun

Studio monitor Audio equipment Wood Shotgun Machine

Trigger Air gun Musical instrument Shotgun Machine gun

As you can see, it's quite longer than the pro, longer than I expected. Perfect for the madbull barrel. And once I save up a bit more, I'll be purchasing a 509mm prommy and shipping the whole thing to the ER-hop installer.
I'm still considering whether or not to remove the suppressor and put my own adapter and suppressor on but for now this will do.

Update coming tomorrow! I'll let y'all know the range and accuracy I can get out of it.
Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reviews:

A+ 60 degree bucking:

I installed this bucking today, into my pro, with the edgi barrel and the dangerwerx type B arm. The performance was highly unexpected! I was amazed at the consistency I was getting from it, and this was right after it rained so it was a little windy. But I was hitting my 170ft target consistently with ease. It wasn't a hop either, it was a flat, straight, direct shot. I'm impressed. We will see how long it lasts. For now ill stick with this bucking and once my diamond bucking comes, I'll test that out.

Madbull 499mm v.2 barrel:

Also, I bought the wrong barrel for my g-spec but it was only $30 bucks so whatever, I'll return it or sell it if I have to. But I put my stock pro barrel into the g-spec which is 430mm long and it extends halfway into the mock suppressor. Should fit a 500mm barrel just fine. So I'll wait till I have enough money for the Prometheus and once I do, I'll put that in and ship it out for ER-hop installation.

Ncstar Harris bipod:

Great product. It's stable, looks sweet!, and has a nice universal touch to it. Good deal too!

That's all for now. More to come soon!

·
Registered
838 Posts
that's impressed about A+ bucking

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.