Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys, since the passing of my M28 and not having the money for the piston I wanted, I tried to sell my g36 but only found a trade.

So I get a Bar 10 in sorta alright condition, so I ended up using my M28 stock! Since I already put so much time into it.

Of course the reciever and the stock werent going to match up 100% since the M28's reciever and cylinder are a bit longer, so after I got to do some custom work! :tup:

I prefer the sweet M28 style mags "plus I already have 5 of em" I got out the drill and made some holes along where the magwell would now sit.

I then leaned the drill bit left to right till the holes became slots.

Then inserted the new magwell and adjusted it till I had the correct allignment. I did have to use a file on the mags so they would fit in the hop up smoother since it was a tight fit and sometimes kinda got stuck,lol..

Now the mags insert nice and perfect, the spring on the mags eject like they should.

Then since the Bar10 outer barrel is soooooo much lighter than the M28's outer barrel there was some serious balance issues due to the super heavy adjustable butt plate

So I decided it needed to come off! As I need this rifle to be light so my back can handle the weight right now. I ended up cutting a little off the Bar 10 stock and mounting it to my rifle..

The end of the bar10 stock was slightly larger than my original so I left the extra at the top of the stock so when I get around to making my own adjustable cheek rest it will be alligned just right.

And now for pics of the rifle! Its not finished yet of course but its able to be fielded.

Heres my spotter since I was already taking pics,lol..

I got the Bar 10 in a trade since I didnt find a buyer for my 36 to fund my m28 piston, I figured set the M28 parts aside for now and build a rifle with MUCH more common parts. I still need to take some pics of the metal magwell being attatched to the barrel, did it today and forgot to take pics :ashamed:

I of course was lucky enough to get a few slam fires with this rifle already so I guess no matter what, I need to purchase a new piston.

So far this rifle is all bone stock inside except gluing a nub to the houp arm and some teflon tape here and there. I also need to make some inner barrel spacers since the ones from my M28 will not work as they are too small. I may try and use them by wrapping them with some tape.

I will update any other things I do and take pics as well. I will end up painting the outer barrel in a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy. I love the m24 stock so much and since I already covered it with so much paint and time I had to keep using it. Kinda sucks the adjustable butt plate is so heavy so I just dont need it anymore and the one I added made it perfect balance, so all in all I am very pleased with it. After a little more tlc this should be just what I hoped for when buying the old M28. I am thinking the H hop mod or waiting till I can get the R hop "IR".. I need to paint that god awfull black barrel though.:tup:

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
I also want to add R hop to some of my guns... Especially in my CA M24 and my RS SVD.
Why did the Bar slam firing? It's triggers fault?
I'll keep an on this thread, so far it looks good.

Wolf
Wolf

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks amazing! Both of them!
Thanks man.. I will let my kid know you liked his too,lol.. We thought it was a Well Mb03 but I am looking at me Bar10 and seeing zero difference, even in the stocks.

@ George. When I got the Bar10 the triggerbox was broke in the front so with that slipping off the piston it kinda wore a slight flat spot where the sear holds on the piston. I turned the piston for now and its seems alright. I wish I knew a way to stop the piston from spinning inside so the good side stays in the same spot.

For pistons I am tossed up between these two. Mostly due to low prices.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=362_364&products_id=5709

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=648_655&products_id=32804

I think I want the one from Evike cause it has the metal spring guide too. I just wont use the 500fps spring cause I already have two of em I dont want.

Right now money is a factor, I just want it shooting without fear.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Great job on that! When I was upgrading my bar10 I thought about that piston/spring/guide combo from evike you posted. I decided not to get it because it seemed too good to be true and the fact that there is no brand name... I just didn;t trust it. If you're happy with the spring guide and spring already in there then just get the piston.

As for the trigger box slipping off the front, I had a similar problem when the front screw's threads to my trigger box stripped. What I did was I took a zip tie and clamped it to the receiver until I could find a screw with slightly larger threads than the original. If you mean the front is actually broken, then getting a new piston isn't going to help. You need that trigger box clamped to the receiver pretty tightly to have no slam fires.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already had a few replacement trigger boxes. The front was broken and was tight looking till the trigger was pulled then I fount it moving. I used the trigger box from my M28, that I recently rebuild before the M28 went down,lol.. As for the cheap no name kit, I would really only need the piston since I want the weaker spring I have now or weaker. I have one or maybe two spare plastic spring guides in my box of goodies.

@ Cheese, I figure I will use some JB weld stick to fill and holes and openings near the mag. I already felt the same as you did,lol.. This thing is way lighter than my M28 was.

Thanks guys for the compliments! :tup: Half the fun in airsoft is building the toys! Well at least it is for me.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
My suggestion is to get that higher quality piston for a little more. I don't trust that no name kit.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I found out the no name kit is made by Well. Its their upgrade kit. So now I found it on Airsoft Atlanta for $32 and I was thinking maybe I need a stronger piston sear. I noticed all over the place that sear gets called the first sear and its called the second sear,lol.. Even at Airsoft Atlanta.

Is SHS any good? http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/SHS_Steel_VSR_10_1st_Sear_p/32559.htm

and here is the Well upgrade kit we thought was no name.. Still kinda is a no name,hahaha.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/WELL_Spring_Rifle_Upgrade_Kit_for_MB03_MB07_p/12204.htm

Even though it was not in the VSR section it was in "other". The Well MB03 is the Well version of the VSR and its pretty much the exact same as the Bar10, so it should work. I doubt I use the heavy spring but I should still get a steel sear since the piston will now be metal.

What do ya think about these upgrades? I am not going for uber power or anything,just want it to work and last a bit till I can decide if I need to drop lots into this rifle.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
First, I don't understand why you would need to get a new sear if you are changing the piston. It'n not like the new piston will be harder to hold back or anything. Second, if I were you, I would still just go with the better piston. If you feel your stock spring is getting you a good fps and it's all you will need then just leave it. As for the spring guide, I personally don't understand why you would need a stronger one because it isn't being put under too much stress, as it is just making sure the spring is straight. The metal one isn't going to give you better accuracy. Not trying to push you to getting the better piston instead, this is just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I dont need the spring guide. The metal piston would rub my pot metal sear to death wouldnt it? I am simply trying to cut costs for the most part. My sear looks ok and still flat cause I recently took it out of my M28 but its still just a stock sear. Its funny that after all these years of doing this I have NEVER bought actual new parts,lol.. I have never blown out sears or pistons. I used to have good money coming in and just bought rifles even if I didnt need them just to help out buddies that need money and wanted to sell off their stuff. My old Mk96 lasted so many years stock that I never had to do anything but clean it and point and shoot. My old Mp001 was ok sorta and I just replaced the whole cylinder when I got it from some other cheap clone that had an upgradable cylinder.

If you honestly think the new metal piston wont wear out my sear then I will go with a better piston and use my old sear still. I honestly just want to use the rifle and spend as little as all needed.

EDIT.. The next piston available thats just over the price of the Well kit is $60 and thats really past my spending limits. The cheapest is still the cheap well kit. $32. I will only have about $70 total to spend and I still need my back meds in a few days.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I am half sure it will not wear out the sear. I have been using an aluminum piston with my well mb-10 (somewhat vsr upgradeable I found) with the stock sears, and the trig-mech is the same exact one in the bar10. I have been using it for the past 2 years now with somewhat consistent use because it's fun to shoot with iron sights and have people call you a sniper. I havn't seen any wear on it but it could just be me not noticing. I think it will last you a long time but get a second opinion just to make sure. Follow your gut. If you think you need the sear then get it. EDIT: What about the ASGI one you posted?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
dangit.. I tried to hurry and edit my last post before you replied,lol..
LOL I posted the reply to your edit as an edit in my post right before you posted the above post... uhh, yeah.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.