Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my ASGI G700 isnt feeding unless I push up on the mag and then I hear the click, but sometimes the bb fall back into the cylinder well (not the cylinder its self but where it sits). I don't know if the mag release is failing, if its not in correctly, or something with the hop-up.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have never heard of a metal replacement (but this is a common issue so somebody should make one, though then you might start wearing your cylinder head). I assume you have some hop on as well can cause the same issue if its all the way off?

Some people have had success repairing the U shaped piece, though I can't remember what they used. Had a search, or hopefully someone will be along to say how to do it soon.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
There is a replacement part for the "mag catch" if that is what you are referring to. I believe it is on airsoftatlanta.com overpriced as usual.

Make sure that your front body screw is in tight. Too loose, mags don't feed. Too tight, mags get stuck and won't come out. Just play with it a bit.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've never had the mag getting stuck problem no matter how tight I put that screw in (I over tighten screws a lot accidentally). I thought the mag catch was the piece that holds in the mag? They are referring to the piece that stops the bb from rolling into the receiver when it comes out of the mag, and the cylinder head nozzle has to push through to make contact with the bucking.

To me it sounds like it is both actually. I had the problem where you have to push the mag up to get it to feed on my Well MB-10. What I did was tighten the screws enough that it pushed the mag catch down enough to properly grip the mag, like Fuzzy said.

As for the "bb stopper" it sounds like it is either off center somehow (never seen that one happen but you never know), broken, or worn out. Have you tried taking your gun apart yet?

Take a few pictures of the bb stopper and the assembly put together for us. Also of the mag catch assembly.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'll put a £1 on it being your hop rubber has krept back over its retaining lip, reducing the opening that the bb has to go through in the hop chamber :yup:

I'll even confirm it to a safe £2 if you confirm you've had the hop apart in rescent times, just prior to the problem occuring :tup:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If it was the bucking creeping back (happened to me recently) it wouldn't push the bb back into the receiver. If it was preventing feeding it wouldn't feed if he pushed the mag up if the bucking was blocking the bb.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You're right, I didn't think of that. Again this begs the question "have you tried taking your gun apart yet?"

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have taken the gun apart. And yes after I did and it started to happen. Just today I got my spring and when I put it in I went and reopened the hop up chamber and made sure everything was in place. Didn't notice anything, but this my first sniper so I'm not to informed on this stuff. I'll take it back apart and take some pics as it is and see what you guys think. I keep the stock screws pretty tight. I also just got two new mags and so far they seem to feed just fine.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
So the new mags feed fine but the original doesn't? the part the mag catch clips into might be too deep and it doesn't pull the mag up all the way. Just to clarify, this only started happening after you took it apart?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct, just after I took it apart. Also my new mags don't fit as tight, like the back of it wobbles, but the front is tight. Must be just because of different brand. My new ones are Matrix.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
The bb stopper is a bit before the bucking so the bucking wouldnt be the reason.. infact the only thing if the bucking wore out it would just take in the bbs and they would roll out of the front of the barrel.. I searched and searched all over when my bb stopper went bad and I couldnt find one on one single site.. Anyplace! I had to Ranger rig one from an old rifle I had years ago and it wasnt a perfect fit so I had to razor knife it till it worked.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have seen spare bb catches on various websites like ehobby asia. The part I can't find is a spare hopup arm (besides the danger werx arm) so I can test out different nubs and still keep the stock nub. But thats besides the point. If it suddenly started working with these new mags I have no idea what could have been wrong to make the original mag make the bbs roll into the reciever. Are the bbs still rolling in the reciever or did that sttop too? As for the wobbly mags, just put a strip of electric tape on either the back of the mag for a tight fit or the side for less room to wobble.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems to stop rolling into the receiver with the new mags, but I haven't battle tested that yet, had nothing but rain for a week now, and everyone else doesn't have bbs (hehehehe I love not having to buy 50,000 bbs every summer!) Yeah I'll wrap the mag with electric tape and I bet it will fit snugger. I've seen the spare parts on evike, I'm just waiting until I can make an order with more thing to make it worth it. Are the mag releases normally so poorly fixed. It just seems that the spring would push it out of place during a game and not hold the mag in correctly. I guess most people glue those bad boys in place?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and how would one get their hands on one of those hop up arms you guys talk about? Does the person have a website or something? I imagine this as already been addressed somewhere here but I haven't seen it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
the mag catch stays in place when you tighten the stock screws and the hopup block (the metal block the stock screws into right under the hopup) pushes into the mag catch, thus holding it down. If it seems like it's pushing into the stock you might not have it tightened enough, or you might have something in the way. No need for glue.

As for the arms, we couldn't find any anywhere except for dangerwerx arms which cost 22$ at ASGI (can you say "rip off"?), but Cheese is in the process of making aluminium arms to sell them. Not to advertise cheese's stuff, but I can't wait for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.