Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
i personally have never owned either of these weapon systems or even shot them...
i shoot a CA M24

But in my local area i have faced both of these weapon systems..
ie.. been the target.

and from an enemy point of view i have greater respect for the ballistics of the BAR-10 hands down.

It has been my experience that a stock UTG cant hit a man size target consistently at 100ft.. to the point that I will stand completely in the open at range and engage them.

·
Registered
292 Posts
"a stock UTG cant hit a man size target consistently at 100ft."
I think you should give the UTG L96 a little more credit. Those poor ranges sound like user interface errors.

UTG:
most or all the little mods that fix shoddy QC. T-tape, spring guide spacers, padding the inner barrel, e-tape barrel spacers and the like. My friend had a UTG. He was really impressed with the BAR-10 and would have gotten that if he knew of the release date. I have heard that the internals keep changing from "generation?" to generation. I hope you understand what I mean. My friends used a mix of internals even when he had it. They are harder to upgrade but I enjoyed using the two I tried.

JG:
same but there are more mods out there since you have had the Marui VSR-10 pave the way for you. I had a BAR-10 and I liked it. Needs upgrades eventually. 500FPS stock with mods is a bit of a stretch but its close. Either way, its not like its gonna last.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well as i should've rephrased the question earlier, which one shots the farthest with reliable groupings? As in 100ft. with 7in. groupings vs. 100ft. with 3in. groupings
In stock condition

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the UTG L96, and I can get about ( at 100 ft ) 2-3in goupings,but once you start getting to 115 to 120 ft it is extremely sporadic
, for stock it's ok, I dont know about the Bar 10 though, hope this helped. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, a sniper rifle with a 100' MED would be pretty ineffective if you only had a 20' window. Maybe you guys use different safety distances. I would ask what the groupings are a 150-200'. Mine weren't awesome but I had no issues with man sized targets past 170'. Sniperwoosh's UTG, hmm.. well, had unbelievable performance. Youtube it if you want. He out ranged me with better grouping once he put a spring spacer in. He loved the hell out of his rifle and was always tuning it. He is also an avid hunter so he pretty much grew up with a bolt in his hand.

Get the BAR-10 if you want to upgrade other wise get the UTG. Neither are breaking the bank. MODs are free anyway, they are easy at home stuff you can do that up your performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bar 10 is a powerful rifle, and you get great quality for the price. UTG is horrible quality, unless you spend 500 or more. Bar 10 G-Spec is also very quiet. I'd say go Bar-10. Great quality gun, the trigger pulls nice and smooth.

·
Registered
292 Posts
400FPS stock w/o mods. Very quit though. Another $75 of internals (spring, spring guide & maybe a piston) and later sears or a complete trigger box. I put about $400 into mine before I sold it. But shooting it stock with mods is worth the effort if you don't want to spend a bunch of money. The major issue with it is its low velocity.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey I just told you my experience with them...
and from what I have seen you are wasting money buying a UTG...
especially if you plan to leave it stock...

the cost is almost identical to purchasing the stock weapon systems...
JG BAR-10 - $120 - $150
UTG MK96 - $130 - $160

Upgrade ability is not that much of an issue between the two weapons there are plenty of options for both.. if you just do some searching, and are willing to cough up the cash.

But time and time again from polls to just asking veteran players... the JG BAR-10 gets ranked higher than the UTG... because it out performs the UTG in every aspect that will matter when you are carrying it on the field.

as for user interface error... well can't really comment on that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thx for the info i meant max range by the question but ive decided to get the bar-10 so i dont really need anymore info except for upgrades but those can be found eaisly anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sounds like there's some bar10 lovers

I have the utg l96. Stock its great. Consistent 460-480fps and I drill 150' targets with ease in 4-6' grouping. Stock I've hit well beyond 200' actual people who belived they were out of my range and didn't seek cover. I also shoot .43's and get 340-370fps and I'm told by my victims its packing a hell of a punch to it even at 150'+. I've envested less than 150 altogether with cost of gun and upgrades. In fact Lil bit of tape is the only mod I've done, why fix what ain't broken. Got a bad spread? Stop shooting junk light ammo. Can't hit the broad side of a barn? Learn to zero a scope and aim right. BBS hooking everywhere? Fix your hop up. Only TRUE bad thing is vs other 96s as the mag is not in real steel location, so you get a shorter barrel, other than that I have to agree with a previous commentor, sounds like user interface problems. Stop bashing a good product just cuz you can't use it right. Wanna upgrade something, get a bar10, everyone seems to agree they need it. Wanna have something you don't have to sink money into to be good, go utg l96 and buy a $1 pack of pipe thread tape. (Teflon tape doesn't exist, its a brand name by Dupont, look it up smart guys).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.