Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
What is brand is ESC? Do you have a link to one? I am keen to get one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What is brand is ESC? Do you have a link to one? I am keen to get one.
Here is a link directly to the one I purchased. He offers different lengths. The name ESC is because of his name. Emanuele Salvatore. My last name is Salvadori and we have the same birthday. I had to buy one based off that alone. Im happy to report the barrel is very nice. Fantastic dual bore design that I haven't seen before. Price is also much more reasonable than edgi with very similar quality. The only edgi barrel I've tried was a 6.01 430mm though. Either way this Esc one yesterday was shooting the best I've ever seen using. 48 bbs paired with the wolverine bolt.

https://www.escworks.it/product/escw-inner-barrel-5-98mm-490mm-vsr-ares-striker/

·
Registered
641 Posts
@Korea is this the first barrel you've used that was properly cut for the x-range?

-(Also, I just processed your name Silicone. Kinda funny concept lol)

·
Registered
181 Posts
@Korea is this the first barrel you've used that was properly cut for the x-range?

-(Also, I just processed your name Silicone. Kinda funny concept lol)
It's a 7mm bridgeless window. X range asks for a 7.2. I however cannot notice a difference from my modify barrel that I purchased which has a specific window for the xrange. I don't think that. 2 makes a difference. I'm getting better results with the Esc and that's all that matters to me. I'll be purchasing the new maple leaf buckings soon to try out as well possibly.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It's a 7mm bridgeless window. X range asks for a 7.2. I however cannot notice a difference from my modify barrel that I purchased which has a specific window for the xrange. I don't think that. 2 makes a difference. I'm getting better results with the Esc and that's all that matters to me. I'll be purchasing the new maple leaf buckings soon to try out as well possibly.
If I buy an ESC or EdGi 5.98 (or maybe slightly smaller) I think I'll get closed window for R-hop, and I could just mill it out to fit a Maple Leaf.

I am quite excited to try the new Maple Leaf rubber type, as it's supposed to be softer but maybe last longer.
Hopefully they do an MR-hop in this new material too.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
this Esc one yesterday was shooting the best I've ever seen using. 48 bbs paired with the wolverine bolt.
Was it more efficient?
Can you get them without the dual bore?

·
Registered
181 Posts
this Esc one yesterday was shooting the best I've ever seen using. 48 bbs paired with the wolverine bolt.
Was it more efficient?
Can you get them without the dual bore?
I was able to lower my psi 20% and still have the same fps I had beforehand. This dual bore is different than anything I've seen previously. Just the last inch and a half is milled noticeable wider. Not just a slight increase. Seems to be very effective.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Maybe when I visit my grandfather next I'll do a REAALLYYYYYY long extended crown, as that is basically a dual bore.
I have talked to some of the guys at PDI about this, and they agree that deep crowns do in fact improve accuracy and maybe a nicer trajectory.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Maybe when I visit my grandfather next I'll do a REAALLYYYYYY long extended crown, as that is basically a dual bore.
I have talked to some of the guys at PDI about this, and they agree that deep crowns do in fact improve accuracy and maybe a nicer trajectory.
Appears Esc works understands that and has perfected it. I cannot stress enough how nice this barrel is. Selling most of my other barrels because of it.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
My 6.00mm Orga barrel has an extended crown and I find it great.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I have ordered a ESC 530mm x 5.98mm inner barrel. Cost a total of €109.90 including freight to NZ. So I hope it gives me a lot more efficiency. Will be interesting to see how it works.
I will be putting it in a specially made SR25 with a V2.5 gearbox which fires 3.2 joules on 0.48gm bb's. Currently I am running a 460mm x 6.00mm barrel in it. I am expecting that with the tighter bore, less air will escape past the bb and so there should be a lot more efficiency. Therefore I have gone for the extra length so the bb will have more acceleration time. Fingers crossed
Will report back on how it goes.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
What is the 6.00 you have now?
Btw, I tried firing 6.01mm steel balls out of a 6.04 barrel (both measured with Mitotoyo brand calipers) and they barely fire, I guess this means that .03mm total clearance is too tight, at least in my test.
Glad I discovered this before I bought an EdGi or ESC barrel.
Btw, BLS .48s tend to be 5.93mm, and same with .45 bio ones.
May vary from batch to batch, idk.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
What is the 6.00 you have now?
Btw, I tried firing 6.01mm steel balls out of a 6.04 barrel (both measured with Mitotoyo brand calipers) and they barely fire, I guess this means that .03mm total clearance is too tight, at least in my test.
Glad I discovered this before I bought an EdGi or ESC barrel.
Btw, BLS .48s tend to be 5.93mm, and same with .45 bio ones.
May vary from batch to batch, idk.
The barrel I have now is an Orga 460mm x 6.00mm barrel. It has worked very well for me.
I tend to only use BLS bb's and so it should be OK. If not, I would have wasted a lot of money.

Now here is something that may be of interest to people. (It may be correct. Or may not.)
So the best ratio when using a full cylinder and 0.48gm bb's with a 6.03mm barrel is about 2.93:1. When I switched to the 6.00mm barrel I thought that there will be less air escaping around the bb and so I estimated the ratio to be 2.41:1 (This seemed to work well. I am not sure if it is the perfect ratio but it has been good). Anyway, since the ratio had changed a good amount with the 6.00mm barrel, I have gone with an even smaller ratio for the 5.98mm barrel. So a ratio of 2.11:1.
I will let people know how it goes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would also like to try an esc 5.98 barrel but i have a slight problem. My current setup is a M4 HPA with a 363mm 6.03 barrel in it. I'm running it at about 63psi which results in 355fps on .2's. But the problem is that 60psi is the minimum work rate of the engine and 360fps on .2's are the field limits. Which length should i get? I would also like to keep my psi as low as possible to keep the sound as low as possible. The two lengths i am looking for on their page are a 303 and a 325mm one. Does anyone have any clue on this which length would result in similar fps output?

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Not sure on length but if the length you have is too long and gives you more fps than you are allowed, cut it down and then re-crown it with a Dremil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I write from Italy:
the esc inner are built by the Italian company grizzly lab, they are excellent inner and are available rifled, smooth, conical and hybrid (smooth with the last section longitudinally rifled)
they also make custom-made rods with or without bridge and in all diameters.
esc inner
are the same as gryzzly but have a finer finish according to esc
https://grizzlylabsoftair534083510.wordpress.com/i-nostri-prodotti/

·
Registered
9 Posts
The inner
striped works well on aeg with short lengths and with a not too heavy weight, for sniper with high weight better inner smooth
sorry for the translation
regards

81 - 100 of 126 Posts