Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I don't have much experience with that one, but 6.03 is probably perfectly fine.
If you are trying to decrease sound, all you need to do is set your dwell at right where you lose FPS, and of course a silencer.
Another thing that helps a ton is really small exit holes in the internals and end cap of your suppressor, as small as you can go without baffle strikes (usually 6.5-8.5mm) and that will help significantly.
Also, fluffy Scotch Brite is very very good for filling, and if every other hole is small and every other hole is big it will help even more with sound.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have already achieved it to make it really quiet but i would like to use a 5.98 barrel because i think it will give me more accuracy. Therefore i need to know the right length because i'm already on the lowest psi setting and don't really wan't tot use a higher psi because it's so quiet now. Another reason is to make my gun a little shorter because i have a 100mm extension on it now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have already achieved it to make it really quiet but i would like to use a 5.98 barrel because i think it will give me more accuracy. Therefore i need to know the right length because i'm already on the lowest psi setting and don't really wan't tot use a higher psi because it's so quiet now. Another reason is to make my gun a little shorter because i have a 100mm extension on it now.
They only come in 300mm 430 and 490. If you want the best efficiency go with 490

·
Registered
97 Posts
They only come in 300mm 430 and 490. If you want the best efficiency go with 490
Do you maybe know if every length comes standard with the dual bore you mentioned earlier? And another question, how is the barrel with hopping lighter ammo, since it's tighter i guess lighter ammo will be more sensitive with adjusting the hop. I'll be using .32's I guess that won't over hop immediately when applying hop.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Opinion: I don't think barrel diameter has much to do with creating backspin.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Have you got any news on the esc barrel you ordered?
They have posted it be UPS and so I am expecting it any time.
Will update how it goes.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 · (Edited)
So I finally got the barrel. It is a ESC 530mm x 5.98mm.
First impressions are that it looks nice and shiny.
It does have a wider bore in the last part of the barrel. My guess is that this wider bore goes in about 8mm. I purchased a longer barrel than my normal one as I thought that since the barrel will be more efficient, I could add the extra length.
Anyway, I purchased this barrel for my Sr25 Electric Sniper rifle. I originally had an Orga 460mm x 6.00mm. I chronoed the rifle this morning with the Orga Barrel and 0.48gm bb's and it was shooting at 2.8 joules. I then change the barrel to the ESC 530 x 5.98mm. I set the hopup to shoot straight and then chronoed it again. The result was 2.8 joules. Rather disappointing considering the cost. In saying this, it is very accurate. But so was the 6.00mm barrel. Probably about the same.

So now the question is, did I get a barrel length that was too long for the V2.5 cylinder and the 0.48gm bb? If so, do I cut this one down (I have done this many times before). If I do cut it down, it may be a better cylinder to barrel ratio and this could in turn give me higher energy. So to cut or not to cut.

I will contact ESC and see if they have any advise. They may want to comment on this thread.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Lol, it's just a cycle of diminishing returns.

I suppose it could be too long, which it probably is, but I am sure that you are like me and don't want to cut something too short just on a hunch.
I suppose in my case it would be worth it as I could use even less PSI from my tank, but for now I am happy with my 469X6.01 stainless steel Lambda barrel.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Glad to hear you got it. I bought a 490mm barrel. Maybe beyond that it's hard to add more fps based off barrel length alone paired with how tight it is

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Glad to hear you got it. I bought a 490mm barrel. Maybe beyond that it's hard to add more fps based off barrel length alone paired with how tight it is
So you have one and you have a gas system. What was your last inner barrel?
Did you notice an energy boost or better gas efficiency?

·
Registered
181 Posts
So you have one and you have a gas system. What was your last inner barrel?
Did you notice an energy boost or better gas efficiency?
Yes I last had an airsoft philosopher barrel. I sold it along with the chamber because I didn't care for it much. But that barrel was 6.04. I'm seeing a 20% increase in power with the grizzly/esc barrel.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh shit, bye bye AP barrel, buckings, and awful chamber, it was terrible knowing you!

How much did you get for the setup?
Is the customer happy lol?
Plastic tdc and the fact that the entire thing was made in china but cost more than made in japan/italy products was off putting paired with the fact that the results I was getting were ehhhh

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Yeah, they are releasing a click TDC now that looks really good, but $25 shipping is pretty awful, especially twice.
My barrel is nice, but not too nice, worse than Lambda, but better than Action Army.
Hopefully I can not be at too much of a loss when I sell it, but I guess I'll learn my lesson lol.
Anyways, thanks to Blind Sniper's giveaway, I now have an AA chamber, so I'm definitely going in the right direction now

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Just had to clean the barrel out. I have only fire about 100 round through it and it is already dirty really dirty. So I wonder if ESC had used something to clean the barrel and left a residue. My 6.00mm barrel never needs cleaning.
I also noticed that the ESC barrel, although it looks straight on the outside, does curve downwards a little at the end on the inside. Luckily, the it is a downward curve. If it was sideways or upward, I would have been annoyed. Being downward means that it is similar to a Long Range Barrel.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just had to clean the barrel out. I have only fire about 100 round through it and it is already dirty really dirty. So I wonder if ESC had used something to clean the barrel and left a residue. My 6.00mm barrel never needs cleaning.
I also noticed that the ESC barrel, although it looks straight on the outside, does curve downwards a little at the end on the inside. Luckily, the it is a downward curve. If it was sideways or upward, I would have been annoyed. Being downward means that it is similar to a Long Range Barrel.
I run hpa with mine so cleaning it is not needed very often. Mine is perfectly straight.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts