Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I was about to buy a new steel barrel for my L96 and noticed that there are 2 type of holes for the hop up buckings (see image)
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Font Metal Cylinder

So is there any difference between these?
Thanks,

·
Registered
975 Posts
Typically for different bucking styles. General rule of thumb: bridged windows are for rhop and no bridge are for vsr/gbbr maple leaf buckings. You can still rhop an open window, I just think it’s more common to use a patch with a bridge. I say get a maple leaf bucking for the open window and call it a day, providing that’s what your platform takes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If your gun takes VSR/GBB buckings I'd go with open window, AEG I'd go closed window, and APS2 I'd use open with a Novritsch bucking
Does the SSG96 take vsr barrel's I thought it was an APS2 spec barrel and spec ML rubber?

Most aftermarket APS2 hop chamber's take AEG barrels and rubbers.

OP what type of l96 do you have is it APS2 (mag in incorrect forward position) or AWM spec (mag in correct position in relation not real rifle)?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
The SSG96 is APS2 spec and takes an APS2 bucking made for Novritsch by Maple Leaf, probably the best bucking for the APS2 platform right now.

Tbh I like the APS2 bucking more than the VSR or AEG, but they all have their purposes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you all for your replies!
I decided that I will get a new barrel with a bridge and cut the bridge on my old one
If I see that the one without the bridge preforms better I will cut it on my now one as well

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok thank you all for your replies!
I decided that I will get a new barrel with a bridge and cut the bridge on my old one
If I see that the one without the bridge preforms better I will cut it on my now one as well
If it's the cyma 703 your upgrading it looks AWM based.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ironically, I absolutely loved the AWM clone I had when I had it. Something about the bolt felt so sturdy and smooth, and the feeding was pretty consistent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Their are 2 l96 platform's.

The maruzen based APS2/type96 which takes aps2/type 96 upgrade parts.

And the TM based AWM design, this design has issues with feeding and low cylinder volume.
I have the CYMA L96 AKA the cm.703
I upgraded everything except for the hop up chamber (simply because there are none) and the trigger (no need, 45 degree one works well for me)

Cylinder, cylinder head, piston, spring guide, bb feeder leaf, and now barrel are steel/stainless steel
it’s a good platform is you ask me. The only issue I had with it was and still is the spring guide stopper. The stock zinc one is crap and there are none for sale. I asked the guys from ARS to make one for me and there making it.

Also it has no cylinder volume issues due to the cylinder having a bigger diameter than the Marui one.

As if for the feeding issues I never have any with the magazine inside of it. Only when inserting the mag there maybe a chance of rarely feeding 2 bbs. Not a big deal at all due to the magazine having 80 rounds in it.

Another thing I absolutely hate in the L96 rifles is their weight. Heavy like a machine gun. But the looks of it compensates the heavy weight imo. csgo terrorist vibes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts