Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,fellas,mates,lads,boys and girls.

Im in hurry and I need to find some cheaper barrel lapping kit in europe. Since HS5 is overpriced AF.

I need :

1.25oz CrOX RTA abrasive
0.5 micron diamond lapping compound
1.5 micron diamond lapping compound
5 micron diamond lapping compound
10 micron diamond lapping compound
20 micron diamond lapping compound
10 Gen 8 High leveling laps
10 Barrel scrapers
10 Enhanced crown cutters
Alignment block
1 Brass drive rod

anyone has some alternatives? or can recommend some other shop? :bow::bow::bow:

Please halp, thanks.

p.s no rude comments allowed.

·
Administrator
6,160 Posts
I was a tester for HS5!!
It's awesome method and it works!!
Let me see if I can dig the emails with the links HS5 gave me for the lapping material.

Wolf

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was a tester for HS5!!
It's awesome method and it works!!
Let me see if I can dig the emails with the links HS5 gave me for the lapping material.

Wolf
I hope you find it ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Im also very interested in this, would like to know the minnimum i can buy to get results (i once read 1tonne saying he used toothpaste as abrasive, not sure if that would be a cheap and EFFECTIVE way tho, would i need something else aside from that?)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Cuervo, depends on the material you're trying to lap and how much material you feel like removing. Auto compound works great if you're looking for a mirror finish on brass or other softer metals. For steel you may want to go up to a jeweller's rouge and a gun brush (and patch after) on a cordless drill (easy home method). You can go to a hardware store and get Turtle Wax rubbing compound and that will work better than toothpaste.

If you need to remove the ridges inside the barrel and want a perfect smooth bore, then you'll need a sized lapping tool or hone. You'll also need a way of measuring all that work to ensure it's uniform after. I do polish the bores on my rifles, but actually resizing them is nasty business without some really accurate gear...not only honing but measuring as well.

Maybe I'm not picky enough but close to 300 ft. is good enough for me. The woods are too thick around here to go any further anyways. hehehehe

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well ive use an EdGI 6.00 so i guess ill go with auto compound (is this good?: https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17216-Ultimate-Compound-15-2/dp/B001O7PNNM)

And since i dont have any gear for measuring or precise work i might just go with with my cleaning rod and a rag i guess?

I know EdGI barrels are already lapped but ive had mine for over a year and its seen its fair share of dusty crawls over the desert in my area so it has a couple of tiny tiny ridges inside that are driving me insane.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i make my own polish. There are different grades. For mirror finish anything for paint would work. For rough barrels that need lapped to straighten you need a polish made for rims or other metal things.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i still say use a fishing rod or something similar. I was wanting to look into getting some fiberglass rods specifically for this process. Using a ladies stocking means you have metal on clothe the whole length of the barrel vs using a cleaning rod with only an inch of clothe

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quoting here the EdGi him self "We lapped using a fine rod with a fine grit of sandpaper on a forward and back stroke. The fishing rod with a cotton on the other end is our barrel cleaner."

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well ive use an EdGI 6.00 so i guess ill go with auto compound (is this good?: https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17216-Ultimate-Compound-15-2/dp/B001O7PNNM)

And since i dont have any gear for measuring or precise work i might just go with with my cleaning rod and a rag i guess?

I know EdGI barrels are already lapped but ive had mine for over a year and its seen its fair share of dusty crawls over the desert in my area so it has a couple of tiny tiny ridges inside that are driving me insane.
I have an EdGi barrel too and it has some minor scratches too, which drives me nuts. :nuts:>:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh my god I've seen the light. o_O
HS5s lapping kits? $56 for some compound crox and laps?
10 seconds of googling and ebay'ing.... $6 shipped for a paste kit same grits... Sooo. that plus this:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/S...l-laps-2-connector-tips-jig?optionId=56757843

= More lapping supplies than I can ever use in 3 lifetimes for $30... Half of what an HS kit would cost and what, 3 times the components and compound?
Though, I suppose the cost of labeling those diamond pastes must be worth $30. >:D
I'm glad I never jumped on the lapping train yet. Always told myself to order some from clandestine and never did... Now I can save money whenever I can be bothered to order stuff and find time to lap some barrels.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts