Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AICS does not have any form of barrel spacers. Should I create some to stabilize the inner barrel? I know its necessary to have barrel spacers in a spring airsoft gun. But what about in a gas? Also if you could recomend a material to make them out of, that would be great.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Rubber grommets covered in duct tape. That's what mine are. Cheap, and very effective.
You just need to find some grommets that fit snugly over you inner barrel, then cover them with tape to fill the space between your inner and outer.

·
Registered
909 Posts
You could also go the more expensive route and buy a G&G heavy barrel. The whole barrel acts as one large barrel spacer because it's only got enough room for a standard barrel to slide through. I would say that barrel spacers aren't as important as they are in spring rifle, but would still probably tighten up your groupings a bit. Also, for the cost of homemade ones, there's not really a reason not to make them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I made barrel spacers.
1st attempt: foam from a pool noodle-failed-took 6 hours of trial an error. Ended up with foam that pushed the barrel up down or to one side.

2nd attempt: cork from wine bottle-failed-took 10 mins to realize it wouldnt work.

3rd attempt: decorative ribbon-failed-took 30 mins, looked very good at first then it unraveled

4th attempt: black electrical tape-worked!-took 1-2 hours of wrapping and unwrapping tightly. Ended up with a close to centered inner barrel. Im very happy with the visual results of it. Still have to shoot it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.