Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Administrator
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found the time (money & patience) to work on my abandoned SG Barrett m82

Along with the Ares M200

Internally everything goes, inner barrel, hop up, entire gearbox with the motor.
So far I have the the following parts..
Barrel: Deep Fire 800mm 6.02
Hop up chamber: Prometheus Strike NEO
Bucking: Systema

For the gearbox I'm planning to buy the PolarStar Fusion engine with the red loading nozzle.

I'm thinking to replace the regular hop up to the R hop up.
I've ordered a barrel from HS5 and from a conversation with LeStath, he suggested to use the R hop up. He saw greater range and better accuracy.
My question is what material to use for nub, at the R-hop thread there are no solid results on the materials, so what would you suggest?

Wolf

·
Registered
890 Posts
It's going to sound strange but I have some shrink tubing which looks like it would be perfect for a R hopup. Although I am not sure if the shrink nature of it would limit its life span. The guy does state though that any material would pretty much work. You just need to experiment.

·
Administrator
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's too much trial and error here!
How is the RC fuel line?

I've just ordered the P* Fusion engine from Amped Airsoft. Now I'm hopping they get these engines soon ...

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've looked all that.
I think I'll start and testing materials....
I don't mind paying for it but I think the price is $12!!!
Don't you think it's too much for a fingernail size patch?

Wolf

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's a lot if you look at it, but then again, the Tygon I got was about $4.75 a foot. So IF you get it right the first time you'll have enough for 10 patches. But you'll quickly get up past $12 testing different materials...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Where did you get your Snow Wolf? They seem to be out of stock in a lot of places.

TN Airsoft Shop put one of these in their Snow Wolf M82's and got right around 580 FPS with a .25!

Here's the vid if you haven't seen it:

I bet with an R-Hop, you would get some serious range out of this rifle.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.