Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy this beast of a gun and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Could this rifle be upgraded with AEG cut tightbores? And is the APS-2 and UTG L96 mags capable of working in the M99?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
You have asked the same question about five different rifles. All you did was reword your question alittle.

Here is what you wrote...

"I was wondering how accurate is the Ca m24 old version and the new version? I am getting one all stock and has no upgrades."
"Hey guys, Could anyone tell me if the TSD SD700 (or M700) is worth the money? I did some research and plan on getting it and buying a AEG tightbore for it too."
"Hey guys, I am looking to buy or trade for an Spring sniper rifle. I want a rifle that is upgraded or stock. JG bar 10 and M24 are the main ones I am looking for."
"WTB: KJW m700 stuff!!!"

You asked two other questions stating "I am going to buy this rifle how good is it" referring to the m324 and bar 10.

Each time you post something new you say you are about to buy the rifle, then change your mind and ask about another rifle. Many people including me have researched throughout google and the forum, looking for answers to your questions and have found them. I feel you ignore what we tell you and just expect answers any time you ask.

However, I am more than happy to help you if you decide on a rifle to get. But judging from your past posts I believe you will be changing your mind yet again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry man for all the posts. :( I just wanted to get some important info about those rifles because I was going to get it but I couldn't find a place to buy them. Other than the internet but I don't do shipping. But I am going to buy this M99 rifle for sure. I am meeting the guy tomorrow. So could you answer this question for me?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
I understand you are just trying to get some information. No worries :)

To answer, I cannot be completely positive. However, almost every sniper rifle has a hop up that does not use aeg cut barrels. The l96, vsr's, ect. all use barrels specifically cut for a hop up different from one from an aeg. I would assume that the m99 does not take aeg cut hop ups but cannot be 100% positve, but based on other sniper rifles, it looks like it wont fit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Did some snooping around. Found this http://filforce.org/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=777
They were not positive on mag compatibility but I believe in both the ACM and JG m99, several parts are aps2 compatible.

Edit: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/snow-wolf-sw01-20rd-magazine-for-barrett-m99.html
That mag (intended for the m99) looks identical to the type 96 mag, but might not be compatible.

Why don't use just buy the mags that are made for the m99, that way you do not have to worry about compatibility issues. Or do you already have type 96 mags? If so, just try them out. Worst case is they do not work, and you need to buy a new one, they run cheap so do not worry. ;)

Another edit: Woops, did not realize that you do not buy online because of shipping. My bad. Even if type 96 mags worked, how would you get a hold of some?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
716 Posts
It supposedly uses APS mags, which are NOT the same as CA M24 mags or Maruzen L96 mags. I say supposedly because somewhere in this sites' wealth of information, someone compared the APS II, M24, and M99 mags, and they all had their subtle differences. With that said, I would say you're better off sticking with the M99 specific mags.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
You could always just buy a APS mag, and see how that works. They are cheap, so it will not be a risky investment. Worst case, you lose about $10. I would say it is worth a try, especially if you can prevent yourself from having to modify a mag to fit. This would save you the hassle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
With my m4 mid cap magazines I lube the top piece (so technical :) ) where the bbs go in when you load it. This helps the bbs feed more easily and less miss feeds will occur. Not sure if this applies to bolt action rifles too, but its worth a try, especially since you are having a hard time finding some other APS mags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
mojo said:
I have both the CA M24 and the M99 their mags are very similar. but not exactly..
and in comparison to the APS2 completely different.

ok here are the specs....


M24 mag
100mm long
21mm wide
42.80mm tall (BB feeding post)

M99 mag
100mm long
21.50mm wide
45.15mm tall (BB feeding post)

APS2 mag
109mm long
21.90mm wide
52.50mm tall (BB feeding post)

Now as you can see they look pretty similar but the specs show otherwise..
and the biggest problem I see in incompatibility is the width of the BB feeding post.. as seen below... the mag may fit the mag well but then not fit into the hop-up unit. As is the case with trying to use an M24 mag in the M99 with stock hop-up.



You need to be careful in finding the right ones...
but that's if you can find them at all..

Good Luck and should you find them please send me a PM so I can order spares...

hope that helps you and everyone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Dutton, Not a problem...

This has been an issue that has vexed me for some time..
although the M-99 replacement mag has been released for general sale..
Evike carries them.. albeit not enough of them.

some silicon spray helps the feeding issue but you need to be careful to not over do it as too much silicon creates a sticky spot and bbs wont feed at all.

I actually use a silicon soaked swab on a FISH tape to lube it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
716 Posts
sniperm24 said:
Dutton said:
It supposedly uses APS mags, which are NOT the same as CA M24 mags or Maruzen L96 mags. I say supposedly because somewhere in this sites' wealth of information, someone compared the APS II, M24, and M99 mags, and they all had their subtle differences. With that said, I would say you're better off sticking with the M99 specific mags.
mojo said:
I have both the CA M24 and the M99 their mags are very similar. but not exactly..
and in comparison to the APS2 completely different.

ok here are the specs....


M24 mag
100mm long
21mm wide
42.80mm tall (BB feeding post)

M99 mag
100mm long
21.50mm wide
45.15mm tall (BB feeding post)

APS2 mag
109mm long
21.90mm wide
52.50mm tall (BB feeding post)

Now as you can see they look pretty similar but the specs show otherwise..
and the biggest problem I see in incompatibility is the width of the BB feeding post.. as seen below... the mag may fit the mag well but then not fit into the hop-up unit. As is the case with trying to use an M24 mag in the M99 with stock hop-up.



You need to be careful in finding the right ones...
but that's if you can find them at all..

Good Luck and should you find them please send me a PM so I can order spares...

hope that helps you and everyone else.
There's your answer, confirmed by 2 different people. Since you didn't read it the first time, this will be the last answer you get out of me. We've told you several times our recommendations on what to do, and you're so hellbent on the fact that a different brand of mag will work, which may be so, but not without modification, at which point you're at the same place as you are with the stock mag.

Mojo even went further and suggested what he has found to work with the M99 mags;

mojo said:
Dutton, Not a problem...

This has been an issue that has vexed me for some time..
although the M-99 replacement mag has been released for general sale..
Evike carries them.. albeit not enough of them.

some silicon spray helps the feeding issue but you need to be careful to not over do it as too much silicon creates a sticky spot and bbs wont feed at all.

I actually use a silicon soaked swab on a FISH tape to lube it.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top