Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Battle of the clones

6K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  silentball 
-snip-

The rifles in question:
Well MB08 (I love the externals, but I don't know a ton about the internals. Does it have a metal trigger box (No, it's plastic), and will it accept a PDI type-96 hopup unit?) (Yes)
Javelin M24 (Seems like a pretty good rifle and is almost fully APS2 compatible. Have to get the specially designed PDI hopup, and I don't think that there's any other options.) (Correct. they do need the specially designed hopup, but I've seen some Javelins preform nicely.)
A&K M24 (looks like it has some great internals but it does have a VSR-10 hopup. Problem?) (I'd stay away from A&K, if you want a M24 go for CA, Javelin, or the oldie BAR10/VSR10)
-snip-
If you want help with a upgrade list I'd be more then happy to help.

Thank you, I might just call upon you sometime soon for that!

Is there a reason behind your statement about the A&K? Have you seen the video on youtube about the internals? It's by Theonebbshop or something. He's foreign but you can see the internals and his tests the metal on the trigger unit.

-snip-
I never had a good experience with A&K from their aegs to their springers. But if it tickles your fancy then go with A&K >:D

Also Dragon64 summed up about everything for you, you don't need the UTG but I think the externals are a little more well done but for like $30 cheaper why not get the WELL. Just let me know what you decide to go with and I'll help you with the part list.

MB08 is metal, not Plastic LOL
I know the gun has a ABS body and a metal barrel, but I'm 95% sure that the trigger box is plastic.

Thank you, Dragon!

I owned a JG BAR-10 at one time and upgraded it with a DBC 6.01mm barrel, firefly bucking, #14 o-ring on piston head, and DIY mods. It wasn't a bad rifle at all, I just want something different.

So, not much is known about the A&K, huh? This sucks! I might just have to give AirsoftGI a call and see what they think about it. I want to know what parts are compatible in the cylinder.

I hear that the Javelin has a pretty good operating system, but I wonder about that odd hopup and how well it can be tuned. What barrel does it take in stock form?

I will take a look at the TSD rifles, as I already have a bit.
I looked around and the A&K is APS2, but some people say it's a tight fit and others say it's flawless. As for the barrel it's stock length is about 480mm and I image the bore is average.

Well if your going to spend $150 on a TSD why not go for the UTG MK96? I know we went over this already but they're on sale right now. I don't know about the TSD but the MK96 comes with two mags and a bipod, granted the UTG doesn't have a metal trigger box but they hold up great.

UTG MK96

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.