Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so typically i like to have white bb's since i can see them and compinsate for errors. I just got some green .36's which I have a hard time seeing when shooting. So the question is what are yalls prefered BB color, and where can i get white .36's?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well, well what do yall think would be better. The .3's giving me a little mor FPS but limited to about 150' at which point they ver left or right, or go more for range and loss fps? shooting utg l96

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I've used .30, but i want a bit more range so i went to .36, as for the .40's im afraid they might be a little heavy for the stock utg mk96.
I have a bottle of Green 36's sitting aside for a rainy day. I cant see them suckers either,,lol.. I prefer to see my bb's flight path also. I got some Orange/tannish 40's and I get good range still and great accuracy. My M28 is only shootingg 421fps and the Bar10 is right about the same fps, but less range and great accuracy. I think I like them. The bar10 gets 132.3 ft dead accurate shots with the 40's I havent gotten to use it a bunch so I dont know the rifle well yet. I figure it's got more range than that but thats all the room I had to test.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
<SHIFT> button, it is right there on two sides of your keyboard, please use them ;)

I personally enjoy using my bioval .27's. They are clear to everyone else, but to the shooter you can see a "sparkle" through the scope as to where you bb is going. Though any other color bb is going to work as well. Though different ammo will work differently as they travel through shadows, bright areas, and things like that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh wow i gotta admit i wouldnt of thought shooting clear BB's would be very effective! I'm currently deciding upon weight and brand! I'm currently using Zeroone .3g BB's (white) but im tempted to use some madbull .4g (i believe tan?)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
You will find that as the weight of the bb goes up, no matter what the brand they will all be close to the same color. This is not because one company makes them and everyone else re brands them...... it is because as the weight goes up you only have so many options as to what you can make your ammo out of.

The .27's are probably some of the nicest bb's that I have used. They are fairly expensive which is why I don't use them all that often.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Don't think I have ever heard of the blaster bb's.

I do have a few bottles of the .40's from Madbull though, and they can be very good. Just make sure that you give them a good wash before using, because they will leave a nasty film on your bucking and affect the shots.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeah, i got lazy on my typing. Thanks. What is your range like with the .27's. It seems like the lighter the weight the ealier the bb starts to head of course. I would probably like the .36's if I could see them dang things. I'm just worried if i go to the .4's or higher I will loose to much FPS. Also is it true that the heavier the bb the greater distance it will travel.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I use my bioshot .3s and get at least 250-300 feet of effective range with them. You are probably getting those fliers because the hopup arm is moving slightly. I'm trying not to get off topic, but just spend a lot of time tuning it and you can get those bbs going dead straight. And aren't those clear biovals supposed to be much harder than regular bbs and hurt like the real, steel/copper bbs? Anyway, I like to see my bbs when I shoot them but very rarely someone is able to dodge it if they see it by chance. There are pros and cons to being able to see them. Also just keep in mind the ONLY thing fps affects is how fast the bb gets to your target. Heavier bbs will not increase range, no matter what you heard on other forums. They are better for wind and rain, but not for clear, calm days. I think there was an explanation somewhere as to why, but I can't find it. (Couldn't make paragraphs, problems with enter key again.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, well at the moment theres not much more tuning I can do, unless I get an upgrade kit or tightbore barrel. I'll just go back to .3's and adjust to how they're flying. Any Recomendations on brand?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.