Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

What weight BB do you use? Please comment with brand, fps, and type (BASR DMR AEG)

• .20 gram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .23 gram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .25 gram

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • .28 gram

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • .30 gram

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • .32 gram

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • .36 gram

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • .40 gram

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • .43 gram

Votes: 3 7.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like a lot of airsoft players, I can not find a BB that works well with my rifle. After searching quite a bit, there are a lot of "Use X bb, they are amazing". While that is true for that persons rifle, I cannot find anything more than individuals saying what they like, often without saying anything about their rifle. I would like to get some statistics on what BB's tend to work better.
If every one could answer this poll, and comment what they are shooting, BASR, DMR AEG and with what FPS and what brand BB, I will try and draw up some charts as to what BB's work better with what systems.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You can see in my sig what my setup is. I am using .3g bioshots. You can use any weight of bb in your rifle really (excluding .12g) as long as you tune it right. The thing that matters is the brand. Different cmpanies have diferent ways of making bbs and make them out of different materials. While more fps will get the bb to the target faster, it will not affect accuracy at all.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lol. If we're going to do this everyone needs a short sweet and to the point answer to make interpreting the answers easier. Modifications to the gun shouldn't be needed unless you want to include a separate section for r hops and er hops as they are going to give more hop then your standard rifle.

gun 1:
m4 DMR- 410fps-bioval.25g (rhop installed)
gun 2:
CA m24 - 550fps-bioval.30g and King arms .30g (bumping up once er hop is complete)
Gun 3:
Ak-74u - 340fps- matrix .23g
Gun4:
CA m249-370fps- matrix .23g

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
R-hop doesn't give more hop, it simply stabilizes it. If it gave more hop then you would see bbs flying into the stratosphere. It has the ability to do this but it shouldn't.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gun 1: L96 BASR, use Guarder .40 gram BBs, shooting ~500 FPS with .20s.

Gun 2: G&P M16, use Excel .25 gram BBs, shooting ~310 FPS with .20s.

Gun 3: TM Glock 17 (thought I may as well include it), use Excel .25 gram BBs, shooting ~290 FPS with .20s.

·
Registered
890 Posts
R-hop doesn't give more hop, it simply stabilizes it. If it gave more hop then you would see bbs flying into the stratosphere. It has the ability to do this but it shouldn't.
Symantics.
Some guns are incapable of adequately hopping anything over .30s in their stock form.
A properly tuned r-hop will still allow you to severely over hop bb weights such as .25s if you crank it up. Hence more hop...
NOT going to discuss it further on this thread as it's off topic.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually r-hop does. Because it stabilizes the BB, you are able to get a flatter trajectory for longer. So in effect, it does give more useable hop up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do use .43 g in my A&K SVD (650 FPS with .28 g bbs). I even went as far as trying out the BBastards' .66 g but have yet to publish the results. Aim Top brand.

In my Mk.23 Mod0 SOCOM (370 FPS - high flow valves, tight-bore barrel), I use .28 and .3 g bbs.
Tokyo Marui brand for the .28s and Madbull for .30s.

·
Registered
536 Posts
As you would expect data is gathering towards the middle of the choice range..

I currently use .30g Madbulls more for availability than choice. I am rather happy for my KSC P226 PTP and my G&P WOC SR-15 GBB - they don't jam and give a nice balance between range and accuracy, to my tastes.

On the Tanaka M40A1 I still have to find a good choice..but I am very picky on it because I look for precision and not generic performance.

Madbull .43g are ok but not great..

Consider that on the first two rifles I shoot at around field levels, 330fps

With the Tanaka I an currently breaking the sound barrier with .20g so I think nothing below .66g would work appropriately (I use this for target leading and not for games).

I tried Royal .30g and they were jamming in my WOC and KSC pistol..so I stopped using them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use madbull .40 in a 650fps basr.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I personally use crosman .25 bb's since they are the heaviest bb's I can get at walmart (horrible i know) I hope I'll be able to buy some bioshot .30 bb's so that I can finally see where my bb's go when they don't hit the guy trying to shoot my face.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
All fps ratings are with .20g's

G&G M14 EBR DMR - 400 fps: WE .28g and WE .30g
JG G3A3 - 550 fps: WE .28g and WE .30g
CYMA MP5K PDW - 350 fps: GB .20g and WE .25g
JG P90 TR - 380 fps: GB .20g and WE .25g
JG G3 SAS - 310 fps: GB .20g and WE .23g
HFC M9 GBB - 400 fps: WE .25g and WE .28g

·
Registered
248 Posts
Gun #1- AEG DMR 450 FPS - .25, .28 and .30, Mostly Goldenball and King's Arms. Work great!!!
Gun #2 - Blaser - I guesstimate around 550 FPS (will chrono soon)- works very well with Goldenball .30s, but I really would like to try .40s and .36s and see how it does.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use a well mb08 stock except metal trigger box. Using .28 bio madbull for now, thinking of going with .30 madbulls after .28s are used up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.