Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

BB weight suggestion?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  silentfury214 
#1 ·
So, I've got this SCAR that's shooting at around 350-360 fps with a 6.03 tbb. While I don't think anyone could consider it a proper DMR yet, I've been steadily tuning it up, and currently I'd like to consider it an "above average accuracy AEG.(AAAAEG?
)"
When I play woodland, my style is closer to that of a marksman, as opposed to something like an infantryman. Being kind of new to the whole Airsoft sport, I've only used the .2g BB's that aren't that great for performance. I'm going to go put an order in for some better ammo, and was hoping maybe someone here could suggest a weight to use?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
.25's or .28's were the direction I was sort of leaning towards, but I could also get some .32's to try, and after looking at graphs showing their increased range and accuracy, why is it that most of the internet seems to be suggesting against 350 fps going that heavy? I mean, I know that they have a decreased muzzle velocity when compared to lighter BB's, but they still go farther and shoot straighter. A hit's a hit, right? Or am I missing something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.