Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd make a thread for this beast...

Snow Wolf M99...

Stock in white, modded in red.

FPS? High. - 505fps
Consistency? Low. - Every shot is between 502-507
Accuracy? What's that? - 10/10 on torso target @ 60yd
Useful? As a paper weight. - Fear me.

Modification list:
Matchstickglobal Leupold M1 50mm replica with King Arms Sunshade
Leupold SPR 1.5 Scope Mount
Prometheus 590mm 6.04 Tightbore with a custom entire barrel long spacer (really makes a huge difference)
KA Bucking
Laylax Neo Piston
PDI Spring Guide
PDI 240% Spring
PDI Hop Chamber
PDI High Hop Bars
Maruzen Mags (seriously an upgrade from the JG shit ones)

Soon to come:
SCS Nub
Laylax Cylinder Head

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the record, I do not like this Aero Chamber, I found a PDI hop for sale and purchased that, and will put that in when it comes in the mail. The accuracy was just atrocious with the Aero Chamber, maybe it just didn't fit the barrel properly, but when I looked down in to where the hop nub would go, the barrel wasn't ALL the way seated like it is on my old PDI. I don't know if this is normal or if I got a shit chamber, but I know I don't like it :X.

I'll update y'all on the progress when I get the new chamber, but I also decided to go with an SP 170 spring, the 130 just doesn't have enough zing on it for my liking.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Take heart in the fact that Aero chambers are notoriously shite mate, and only good for making shop shelves look full when all the descent upgrades have sold out ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Looks good dude... I found one of these on airsplat for $80, in the scrap bin. The only thing wrong with it is it has a bent barrel. Shouldn't be to hard to fix

Interested in seeing how she works.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stock it's plain rubbish, but it has plenty of upgrading potential, we'll see how things go with the PDI hop, I'm considering the SCS nub, does anyone have good results with it in a PDI hop or should I just stick with the stock one it comes with?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm currently using the SCS nub in the PDI hop up on my L96, and she shoots like a dream.

The only issue is it IS an AEG nub, so for best consistency you'll want to put spacers on either side (I used a cut up PDI stock (silicon?) nub) to keep it centered correctly under the hop up arms. I actually epoxyd the (maybe 1.5mm wide) spacers to either side of the SCS nub to create one piece, for ease of disassembly and to improve consistency.

That being said, it's a rather minor part but my consistency (and accuracy, to some extent) went up perhaps 10-20% (please understand that this is a VERY rough estimate) when I installed it. Can't say enough good things about it :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just waiting on my scope... should be here before the new year. But here's what I have thus far:

Matchstickglobal Leupold M1 50mm replica with King Arms Sunshade
Leupold SPR 1.5 Scope Mount
Prometheus 590mm 6.04 Tightbore with a custom entire barrel long spacer (really makes a huge difference)
KA Bucking
Laylax Neo Piston
PDI Spring Guide
PDI 240% Spring
PDI Hop Chamber
PDI High Hop Bars
Maruzen Mags (seriously an upgrade from the JG shit ones)

It's chronoing consistently at 505fps, and the accuracy is really quite surprising. The only thing I have left to even consider upgrading are the trigger sears (when they wear out) and the cylinder head if the consistency goes downhill. And the one I will certainly get, the SCS nub to hopefully tighten up the grouping even more.

I'm going to wait on my .43g bb's to post any pictures of the accuracy, though the .28's are good, I want to wow everyone with what this beast can do. Right now I can hit a torso target 10/10 at 60 yards (that's the longest range I can shoot at), hoping to get that to 85 with the .43g bb's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.