Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a g&g and he plans on replacing the god awful aluminum inner and stuff, What has the bets balance between window size and potential accuracy?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Get a stock G&G brass 6.04 from a Top Tech. Most people are throwing them away but when they're polished up they work fantastic.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Don't act so knowledgeable if you're coming to a forum and asking to help you with something you could research yourself lol.

For under 35 your best bet is to get one of the budget steel barrels, and then lap it if you're skilled enough.
Madbull Steel Bull
ZCI

Those would be my two options.

Also, we have no idea what length you need. There could be a $20 difference between a MP5A4 barrel and a GR25 barrel

Got any proof?
Do some simple research. http://www.google.com/

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got any proof?
The information we possess is a culmination of things we've read and our experiences over the years along with the occasional Google search before posting. Asking for proof of our experiences will most likely not result in documented experiments.

Throwing around statements such as
Heavy bbs don't give you extra range
that contradict on such a foundational level without providing proof is much more unbelievable.

·
Super Moderator
3,669 Posts
PDI Raven barrels are nothing "fancy." Its just a steel barrel with a black oxide treatment and oil. Hardly fancy.

Prometheus barrels are made from SS, unless you get a fake. Which is still a little bit of a problem if you order from sites overseas. The ones from the major retailers are the genuine deal.

PDI raven barrels are not all that good. I have one, its decent, for a mid grade part.

·
Registered
538 Posts
PDI Raven barrels are nothing "fancy." Its just a steel barrel with a black oxide treatment and oil. Hardly fancy.

Prometheus barrels are made from SS, unless you get a fake. Which is still a little bit of a problem if you order from sites overseas. The ones from the major retailers are the genuine deal.

PDI raven barrels are not all that good. I have one, its decent, for a mid grade part.
Correct.
The reason why I said "fancy" was because it's a coating that you don't see on most barrels, and to sort of point out that it's a bit of a gimmick.
Still though, I wasn't positive that Raven barrels were black oxide treated. Was about to put that in, but didn't in case I as wrong.
What if someone was to make a barrel with salt bath nitriding?

·
Super Moderator
3,669 Posts
PDI offered a palsonite barrel at one point. It was only for pistols if I recall right.

I'll post up my results on a nitrided barrel, will be a few months though.

Reactions: SniperPenguin

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think OP has been thoroughly embarrassed and has abandoned his pursuit lol.

Any sort of "fancy" coating could start chipping too, after lots of temperature, humidity changes, and cleaning.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't act so knowledgeable if you're coming to a forum and asking to help you with something you could research yourself lol.

For under 35 your best bet is to get one of the budget steel barrels, and then lap it if you're skilled enough.
Madbull Steel Bull
ZCI

Those would be my two options.

Also, we have no idea what length you need. There could be a $20 difference between a MP5A4 barrel and a GR25 barrel

Do some simple research. Google
Nobody anywhere other than you said that pdi ravens rust. Also, good on you, being condescending to someone that doesn't know anything about barrels because the information isn't out there, you definitely didn't get banned from any forums because of how unsociable you are.

I really do wonder what kind of disorder you have.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Where did I say they rust? I just said any coating can chip, similar to the madbull ones that are teflon coated.

Lol disorder, funny. I've never been banned from a forum, except for a temporary restriction on here when I argued about politics in the off-topic forum.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tell me philbegas the neverbanned, master of inner barrels. What is the best thing I can buy if I plan on R hopping and lapping? Also, cite something for once, i'll show you an example.

You are so, so naive. Before you reject an offer, you should actually KNOW something about the topic.
PDI Raven is High Carbon Steel that has their fancy coating. It'll rub off and rust.
Prometheus barrels are stainless steel and won't.
Where did I say they rust? I just said any coating can chip, similar to the madbull ones that are teflon coated.
Also, you can't cite a study done by a company that is studying their own product. There's like 9 different ways they could fudge the numbers because they are incentivised to.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I never said I'm a master, btw.

Steel doesn't oxidize.
Brass does,
https://www.hunker.com/13411145/about-brass-oxidation

Coatings can wear off, so you might as well just buy a steel barrel, I don't see how it's that complicated of a concept.

What gun is this for, you never said.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.