Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I am using a Tanaka Works M700 A.I.C.S.. And I am still working on it to improve it.

Right now my main problem is the barrel. At the moment I use a Madbull Black Python 6,03 inner barrel with a lenght of 465mm.
I use a "short" barrel like this because I have read, that barrels with a length of ~450mm are the most accurate ones. It has something to do with the Hopup.
I have to tell you the shorter barrel really improves the accuracy:

I still wanted to improve the accuracy so I wanted to buy a 6,01mm barrel. But some weeks ago someone told me a high quality barrel with a diameter of 6,05mm is the best choise for long range accuracy.
What do you think/know/mean ?
Maybe you can help me with my problem.

Btw. I allready use a other Hop Up.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Tightness doesn't matter as much as build quality. Also barrel length doesn't matter a huge amount for gas guns cause the gas is always expanding so there will always be qnough air behind the bb to propel it correctely and not caue inaccuracies. - spelt wrong I know

·
Registered
152 Posts
Right now my M40 has a Deepfire 6.02, which I think is around 450mm. This is where the G&G heavy barrel is really useful, because I don't have to use barrel spacers, it's completely solid so it accepts any length barrel really.

But, I don't go for 600mm barrels because most if not all rifles would need a suppressor to cover it and I like my suppressors to be functional.

IIRC, the ~450 barrel theory is meant to be applied to VSR's. Maybe because of the cylinder volume?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay. Thx.
I think I will try a 6,05/460 barrel by Prometheus or 6,04/460 by PDI.

@wolfgeorge: I use spacers and I have shortened the outer barrel. So the inner barrel is still supported by the end cap/silencer adapter.

@Cerbo Knight: hmm... maybe you are right. But someone told me it had something to do with the hop up.

With the shortened barrel it looks kind of strange. But it is handier.

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
This makes sense... As well the G&G heavy barrel.
I haven't try a shorter barrel as I don't own one yet.
I will make a comparison between the AICS with the KA VSR chamber and PDI 6.01 554mm barrel and the M700 Police with the BGS hop up and BGS 640mm(I think) 6.03 barrel.

Wolf

·
Registered
349 Posts
wolfgeorge said:
This makes sense... As well the G&G heavy barrel.
I haven't try a shorter barrel as I don't own one yet.
I will make a comparison between the AICS with the KA VSR chamber and PDI 6.01 554mm barrel and the M700 Police with the BGS hop up and BGS 640mm(I think) 6.03 barrel.

Wolf
That can't be an acurate test; there are so many different factors going on there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd suggest the 6.05, because of the improved 'air cushion' you get, but I'd try getting it in steel if it's not overly expensive.

Of course, you probably won't notice that much difference between aluminium and steel in use, but I'd prefer the steel myself. (currently using a deepfire 6.02, which is steel. Though thinking about changing back to a 6.08, probably PDI)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PDI says that 6.08 is the best for accuracy. So I will buy a PDI 6.08 inner barrel. The lenght will be between 450 and 480 mm.
I will order it next week. But I have to buy it in Asia. So shipping will take a while .... But I will post some pictures as soon as possible ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I have heard that too.
I want accuracy on longer ranges (60m +).

I just bought a 6.05 Barrel from PDI. Because it was a special offer here in germany. Maybe some day I will buy a 6.08 ...
I think I can install it next week. Then I will go on the range to test it ;-)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.