Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is it just a better idea to go HPA full stop Instead of gas?
Co2/green Gas doesn't have the consistency needed for sniping, hpa solves that issue if you don't mind the hose.

Also can be a hassle to have to top up hpa tanks, can't just decide night before to play next day without checking your tank has enough.

UK isn't HPA friendly at the moment, most sites don't have facility to refill which means you need to hit up scuba shops.

Whilst I want HPA to be more supported as it's better for the environment, I am also aware it's only lack of easy hpa/time/cost that stops most fields from becoming polarstar light show nightmares as we allow full auto.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wouldnt it make more sense to go for the Cyma Platinum 098 for the DMR? The SR25 with larger cylinder volume? And going down the HPA route for it (P* Kythera or Mancraft are pure mechanical options and with the most durability) would get rid of all the gas weather hassle?

Ootb it is pretty good, do some hop up and barrel upgrades and it will shoot decently.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I mean I have a KWA T10, recoils nice, it’s AEG no consistency issues, I could probably turn this into a DMR with some alterations….

I think a sniper is a nice luxury item option, rather than a practical one due to my limited experience.

Maybe later down the line when I get experienced enough to handle limited rds it makes more sense. My T10 can be a back up or mixed use weapon and my next one would be the DMR which I can put a decent scope on, I’ve actually ordered a strike eagle 1-6, maybe you guys can recommend a mount for that one? I’ll stick this on my T10 for now.

If that’s the case that AEG can match power of other types or near enough then what’s the best AEG DMR? I hear GBLS DAS or Systema are good options but obviously pricey and the DAS is temperamental by sounds

·
Registered
161 Posts
I mean I have a KWA T10, recoils nice, it’s AEG no consistency issues, I could probably turn this into a DMR with some alterations….

I think a sniper is a nice luxury item option, rather than a practical one due to my limited experience.

Maybe later down the line when I get experienced enough to handle limited rds it makes more sense. My T10 can be a back up or mixed use weapon and my next one would be the DMR which I can put a decent scope on, I’ve actually ordered a strike eagle 1-6, maybe you guys can recommend a mount for that one? I’ll stick this on my T10 for now.

If that’s the case that AEG can match power of other types or near enough then what’s the best AEG DMR? I hear GBLS DAS or Systema are good options but obviously pricey and the DAS is temperamental by sounds
As a suggestion if you aren't in a rush to get sniping full on (with the cost and work required for a k98)

Look at the action army t11, £160 and is reported to be reasonable out the box and is fully vsr compatible. (Don't expect top tier performance but should be enough to play/get to grips and not feel disheartened at its performance)

After a bit you can either upgrade it or sell it to go the k98 or even keep as a backup/loaner. I know it looks modern and is essentially the opposite of the rifle you were looking at but worth considering.

Or carve a stock in the k98 style, lots of people has custom carved stocks for the vsr and will be able to help knowledge wise

21 - 24 of 24 Posts