Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
8 hours isnt a ton of patience. Ive heard of snipers laying for several days awaiting the arrival of a target.

My favorite part is when he figures out hes really good and smokes all the german guys and general in the beginning.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"I have heard of a sniper story were the guy waited 1 week for 1 guy. That is major patience. All he had to eat was MRE's."

Carlos Hathcock waited some 5 days with a few packets of crackers and peanut butter.

Shooter was pretty cool, the beginning was phenomenal.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
His name is Jackson, hes a good man in that movie, he would deffinatly be my favorite character in any movie. The coolest part about Jackson is that he has the prayers and stuff. Also at the end when he gives out the hand signals of the enemy, i dont know why but that was pretty neat to me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yea, he was a great sniper, and enemy at the gates was the best. Sniper 1 was good, and yea, and when Tom Berenger crawls, that was pretty good. They really should make a Carlos Hathcock movie, even though some of Carlos' great missions are somewhat shown in Sniper 1. Have you guys read about the seige of elephant valley?? Now thats some sniping, along with Burk as his spotter. Burk was defffinetally the best spotter ever. The crawl across the field was somewhat realistic, although in the real thing, there was no guard dog, and he didnt have a spotter, or anyone friendly around him. The stalking of the enmy sniper was not realistic at all, compared to Hathcocks stalking "The Cobra" who killed many American soldiers, and should have killed Hathcock, if it wasnt for the sun that blinded the enemy sniper right when he had his sights trained on Hathcock. Hathcock killed him by only seeing the mirror like glare that the sun did to the enemy sniper's scope, and Hathcock shot him right through the scope, not knowing that that was a scope. Its kind of scary to think, but Hathcock should have been dead that day, if it wasn't for the sudden rise, and angle of the sun. There are many other stories, but yea, this post is already long enough.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually... the best sniper movie is Navy Seals. The Sniper's name is God.

*charlie sheen falls through hole in floor and gets stuck*
*terrorist walks up to him and says "Only you god can save you now!"*
*sniper shoots him in the chest

·
Registered
10 Posts
I totally agree that Jackson, the sniper from Saving Private Ryan, is a total badass. Both the prayers, the overall attitude and not to mention that he racks the bolt for this right handed rifle using his left hand- that definitely makes Jackson the coolest sniper in the movies EVER...

But to answer the initial question, coolest sniper MOVIE ever was Enemy At The Gates.

-Mongoose

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.