Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would rather get a good DMR and spend what it needed to make it better than get a budget DMR and to gut it out and spend more money.

Also budget guns have budget externals which you have to live with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you want an M14, go G&G or Marui. Like vindicare said, the G&G Veteran is a good choice since it's pretty accurate and comes with around 120m/s stock.

If you want an armalite platform, I can vouch for G&P internals and externals. All you need is a battery, spring, hopup chamber and bucking, and tight bore barrel. My G&P Sentry gearbox runs an M130 spring and shoots around 140-145m/s (approximate, no chrono), everything inside the gearbox is stock (except the spring of course), and it's been hitting it's targets since early 2010.

I hear VFC's are also very nice, but I can't vouch for the internals since I had a friend who shattered his bevel gear in a month-old VFC.

TLDR: G&G M14 or any long barreled G&P

·
Administrator
6,268 Posts
Yes the Magpul Masada is pretty good out of the box.
I've kept mine stock (except of the bucking) for now, now I plan on installing a barrel, though I want the SPR kit!

I've been waiting for the SPR kit for some time now...

Wolf

·
Registered
398 Posts
Dboys M16A4. they come standard with a tight bore, are cheap, have decent hop up, and really good quality externals for the price. they are a little heavy since they use a more budge material then some of the nicer brands like G&P.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The G&P although SR25 based, visually still looks like a M16 with a scope, but the Scar SSR, well that draws attention at the field like my VFC ASW338LM.

The VFC Scar SSR is way cooler in appearance. Much better externals over the G&G Scar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.