Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like some opinions from all of you guys about how you carry your equipment while wearing a ghillie. This can be a vest, rig, pockets, etc. I'm looking into something that's not too bulky, but doesn't get in the way of the ghillie's camo in any way.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is what I use. A Eotech Chest rig. Of course I don't have a ghillie suit on. But when I wear my friend Javier's it works great.

When it's on.

I took this picture in my bathroom. No one else is home to take a picture of me so I had to use the biggest mirror in my house.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I currently am setting up a battle belt/suspenders combo to use with my ghillie. It will have to go over top of the ghillie suit, and will cover up part of the ghillie, but it is better than having the pouches attached to my belt, which makes my pants fall down.

I will get some pictures up soon. I know you are looking for something that does not get in the way of the ghillie's jute/burlap, but I will give you some pics so you can see how it looks.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Looking forward to the battle belt/suspenders combo. I was actually thinking about doing that. Even though it covers part of the ghillie, you could attach jute to the suspenders if needed. I will need to carry a small amount of ammo, at least 2 canteens, unless I get a Camelbak, spare magazines, a pistol, and possible binoculars.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Yeah, I thought about attaching some jute to the battle belt as well. Once my other pouches arrive I will get outside with everything together and see how it looks. Then I will go from there, seeing if some jute should be attached to help cover up the battle belt. Could always just spray paint it to blend in more with the terrain/suit.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fuzzywolly said:
Yeah, I thought about attaching some jute to the battle belt as well. Once my other pouches arrive I will get outside with everything together and see how it looks. Then I will go from there, seeing if some jute should be attached to help cover up the battle belt. Could always just spray paint it to blend in more with the terrain/suit.
That's true. Over all, the battle belt/suspenders look the most padded and comfortable. Get some pics up when you get your stuff together if possible. I'd love to see your set-up.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Alright will do Wesley. The package I have been waiting for still has not arrived but I will get pics up as soon as possible.

We have similar gear set ups (equiptment to be carried) so it should be relatively accurate to what you need to see.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If anybody else has any ideas for rigs or the way you personally like to carry all of your equipment, post it here. You don't have to have pictures, just tell me what you prefer to wear.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Got the pictures together, they are downloading now. Might as well get the description together in the meantime.

What is on the belt:

1. Single pistol pouch: Holds m9 mag
-At the moment I only have one extra mag, and plan on getting a few more for use during the summer months. As you can see, still plenty of room on the belt for a few more pouches. (Have a double pouch in the mail now)
2. Double Grenade Pouch: These are perfect for holding MK96 mags, and take up little space. Holds them nice and secure and looks cool as well.
3. M4 pouch (with pistol pouch on front): Never used it for anything but mags until now. Works great with for holding my radio.
4. Rubber bands: Cause you never know when you need some more veg on your rifle. ;)
5. Glow sticks: Takes up a lot of space for something so small but is more concealed than when they were simply attached my a ring. Comes in handy for night games (ones in pics are used and dead).
6. Holster: Love this thing, got it a few days ago, holds my m9 nice and secure. For only 10 bucks you cannot go wrong. Highly recommended.

Total weight with everything (including mags): 6 pounds

Things not shown at this time (not included in weigh in):

1. Magazine guard and lanyard.
2. Knife (rubber)
3. 2 more m9 mags (including one double pistol pouch)
4. Dental floss (for attaching veg to ghillie)--Goes in pistol pouch on m4 pouch

That is all I can think of right now. I will get some pics with the belt on me soon, but it got dark real fast here, so maybe tomorrow if I get the chance.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a good looking set-up. Are you using a Camelbak? I like to use canteens, so I may run a set-up just like this but with Canteen pouches. Also, is the harness for it necessary to wear or does it just help with weight distribution? I never thought of grenade pouches to be able to hold sniper rifle magazines. Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I do not have a camelback yet, but plan on getting one to be attached underneath the ghillie jacket. The canteen pouches could replace places such as the glow sticks, or other pouches depending what you decide to role with in a game. So there should be plenty of room on there for you for other stuff to be attached.

The grenade pouches work great, was not sure how well they would work, but things turned out great with them.

By harness, do you mean the suspenders? The suspenders help keep the battle belt up, and provide extra support to prevent the belt from jiggling around. The battle belt itself is held together by a belt that goes through it (the battle belt) and acts like a normal belt that you wear with pants. This combination helps keep everything tight and nice together.

I am relatively shocked at how well the weight is distributed. While the pistol itself is one of the heavier items, the mags are all near the left side, and this helps keep the weight evenly distributed. This is key, as no one wants to be lopsided in gear during a game.

Might find some time for some ghillie pics soon (with belt). Will post them here for you. ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will probably run canteens in the winter since I don't drink as much water. Maybe in the summer, I will try to invest in a low profile Camelbak so I won't be reaching back and unscrewing a canteen every 5 minutes.

Yeah, I was just talking about the suspenders. Would you recommend them or are they unneeded? I like how it uses the rigger belt because I already have one and it looks like it can make the belt fit really well.

The ghillie pics would be great. Thanks a lot for contributing so much to this thread.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I highly recommend the suspenders. They keep the belt up and support it, especially if you are going to carry a lot more stuff on your rig.

And will get ghillie pics up when it stops being so yucky outside.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
When I get my provisional credit card and can buy stuff online again I will get A few pouches for a belt set-up. I'll probably get a paddle for my Serpa holster, three multipurpose pouches from ebairsoft and then just use my camelbak under my Ghillie suit in construction.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
inthetallgrass said:
When I get my provisional credit card and can buy stuff online again I will get A few pouches for a belt set-up. I'll probably get a paddle for my Serpa holster, three multipurpose pouches from ebairsoft and then just use my camelbak under my Ghillie suit in construction.
Sounds pretty good. I loved my Serpa when I had it, but sold it to a team mate after I traded my 1911 off. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.