Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for recommendations on the best VSR-10 parts out there. If $$ isn't an issue, what are the best parts ever made for the VSR-10. I want to achieve 120m range but if I can get further why not. Best Cylinder, Barrel, Hop Up chamber, Trigger, etc. This will most likely not be used in games, just to push the limits on the VSR. I want to build the gun from scratch, I even want upgraded screws if possible. Everything must be top notch quality. Suggestions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current setup is a BAR-10 with AA Hop Chamber, 6.01 Crazy Jet, AA Trigger and Piston 90*, Laylax spring guide, AA m170 Spring, maple leaf hop rubber, and some other parts.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
EdGi Jurassic is one. Full bore up.

If you stay with the normal cylinder size I’d still go EdGi and get a diamond hatch or twist pattern. EdGi SAP piston with a BullTrigg. Masada or BullTrigg one piece receiver, PRPE o-ringed AA chamber. EdGi inner barrel with 2021 auto bot or an Rhopped PDI. Tridos tdc.

I’d say airsoft philosopher chamber because the CONCEPT is nice but they are a BITCH to get shooting nicely. I’m still messing with mine with nozzle placement. Just do the AA and tridos.

I think upgraded barrels are somewhat a myth but I’m guilty of buying them because I’m a label whore. 💅🏻. Higher end barrels require less cleaning in my experience.

all of that being said, you can also get a stock jg bar 10, DIY the F*** out of it with some Mumbo jumbo bubblegum paper clip mods and possibly outshoot a ~$2k custom built vsr10. It’s all about the right parts working together. I just like to build mine like a resume. I want it to look good lmao.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I'd like to add that my VSR is worth maybe $500 in parts and materials, but I make my own parts and make them to my exact preferences such as my carbon fiber barrels, bucking-less chamber, titanium one piece receiver, and so on, but this is all custom stuff that I do as a hobby, I would likely not make money as I have put easily hundreds of hours into research, chatting, and modifying/building, so my VSR-SS is in theory worth 100K+ if I were getting paid per hour.

In all honesty, the SSG10 made into a DIY one piece receiver with an EdGi 5.98 stainless barrel and R-hop with my nub in an AA chamber would be about as good as any springer available, but it takes lots of skill and know how to perfect, something that I have only just been good at in my 7+ years in making airguns and airsoft parts.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The only way you're pushing that range is using ceramic ballbearings. They're super expensive, but look into ZrO2 .69g 6mm ceramic ball bearings. You can get them cheaper on aliexpress. Then beyond that, everything else you get is going to be more for longevity than accuracy. You want an extremely hard and short barrel. Stainless edgi barrels should be good. At that bb weight, you actually want a slightly shorter barrel. Most ceramic setups I see run 300mm barrels, but if yoi get the bore up, you can probably push that to 370-400mm.

Regarding springs, I love RAPAX rms springs. They're consistent, and extremely easy to install. That plus a WASP or laylax piston (my two personal favorites), should get you a killer setup. For a spring guide, I run a silverback teflon guide. You have to modify it pretty heavily to get it to fit right, but it will quiet the rifle down and make building more consistent when done. Any 13mm guide should do though, and will not effect your accuracy at all.

Oh also you can get one of Masada's custom cylinder heads. They're super expensive (made to order) but should be slightly more consistent than normal setups. Idk if he even sells them, but it cant hurt to ask.

Last but certainly not least, if you're running the AA chamber, I highly recommend a tridos tdc. They're a super nice tight bit of kit that makes the nub push more vertically down, and also enables easy adjustment.

When you talk about no budget builds, it starts to get hazy because you're now no longer looking at standard off the shelf parts. To push out that extra 1%, you really have to get custom diy stuff, which gets very expensive and difficult to recommend. Parts like these are per build, and not reviewed, so unless you have to means to modify them yourself, you'll often end up spending extra money for components that function the same or worse.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
380 Posts
You can go off the deep end real fast if you're trying to build the best, but the biggest game changer is the 0.69g bbs. If you can configure your setup to work with them it's a huge boost in range and accuracy. For example, my rifle is what I personally consider absolute top-tier, however at my last game I used 0.48g bbs in it. While I would say my rifle outperformed those I could watch on my team, I also wouldn't say mine was substantially better. Now if I was using 0.69s that would have been a different story, however it was such a tight urban field that it just wasn't necessary.

All the other advice given is pretty solid so no point in relisting everything. Most of us use a lot of custom parts to get that last little bit of consistency, but that also means it's not easy to make solid lists lol.

Also ya, most of my stuff I make to order so it's expensive. I started doing it because I wanted parts that companies don't make so I wasn't too concerned with costs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts