Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello sirs;

has anybody tried using the reinforced bestgun hopchamber and the enhanced hoprubber for the tanaka m700?im planning to buy one this week because my stock hopchamber broke

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
The Creation housing is better... You can attach it like the stock one using the 2 pins, the Best Gun has only one hole.
Also the hop up chamber works only with Best Gun blue buckings!!
These are very hard to find these days... Luckily I have 3 spare buckings for mine!
I'd say use the KA VSR conversion with the 9ball purple (hard) bucking and a Laylax 6.03 barrel for best results.

Wolf

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wew;just saw your post right now sir wolfgeorge;wasnt able to check for the past days;already bought the bestgun hopchamber and it looks sturdy;about the ka vsr chamber sir; do you need to change the length of the nossle to make this fit?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hello Mayhem!

The piece you are talking about is also called "Part 91", and it is officially what Tanaka users call the "virginity piece". It means that your rifle becomes a man when Part 91 breaks..which will happen after a while eheh

You buy your Tanaka stock, have fun with it for a week, BANG, the piece breaks and then you are out to buy a replacement.

Material wise, all upgrade parts for this Part 91 from G&G, Creation, Best gun etc. are good because they are not plastic.

Problem is, they are somehow out of spec and most miss the second pin that you use to secure the piece in place.

To counter this, I did the following:
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=2526

Feel free to let me know if you came up with something similar, equal or different.

I have a lot of upgrades on my M40A1 that sound exactly where you are heading to..Laylax 6.03mm 403mm, KA conversion, etc. etc. and I am soon going to enter a long range target shooting competition with this rifle, I think I'll film it with my go pro, from the day I start upgrading and taking care of my rifle (been in the closet for almost 9 months) to the day I start the contest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello sir reezo:
i saw the link you posted;wow;pretty cool mod you did with the hopchamber sir;did it increase your fps after you did the mod?also;the small part where you insert the end of the tightbarrel;is that still stock?or is it a gng part already?so far when i bought the bestgun hopchamber;it didnt come with the small part where you insert the end of the tightbarrel;hehe sorry i dont know what the others call it for now ill just call it front tightbarrel cap

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
The KA VSR conversion needs a longer loading nozzle but it's included in the package, the same deal is and with the Best Gun chamber, it comes with longer feeding nozzle.
The thing with the BG is that you'll have to open the barrels window to fit and you'll have to be very careful with that.

Also as Reezo said the part91 breaks fairly easy and the only brand that makes it with 2 pin holes is Creation but the pins go in very tight.

Wolf

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good pm sirs;all suggestions and comments i read here are very much appreciated; what i did right now is match the bestgun hopchamber piece with the original stock barrel lock piece ( the one where you install one piece of the hoprubber set ) and it looks ok;fits well also;right now im just waiting for the upgrade hoprubber kit to arrive;will update you sirs after the installation of the pieces

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
I've already fit everything and works fine.

The other thing I encountered is that the inner barrel moves forward and the hop up doesn't work!!
I've tightened the screw that holds the barrel in place and then the bucking ripped!!
That's way I prefer the KA kit.

Wolf

·
Registered
536 Posts
hello sir reezo:
i saw the link you posted;wow;pretty cool mod you did with the hopchamber sir;did it increase your fps after you did the mod?also;the small part where you insert the end of the tightbarrel;is that still stock?or is it a gng part already?so far when i bought the bestgun hopchamber;it didnt come with the small part where you insert the end of the tightbarrel;hehe sorry i dont know what the others call it for now ill just call it front tightbarrel cap
The mod did not increase the FPS..I had to replace Part 91 with the aluminum one from G&G because my original *plastic* Part 91 broke partially and was going to crack wide open in a matter of time..that leads to more wobbling and flimsy behavior in the inner barrel..it can lead to a number of problems all resulting in less accuracy.

I think the part you refers to is the silver "bell" that tightens on the original part 91: it is not needed in the G&G upgraded one.

I am not sure you meant that, so feel free to reply.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
here is a photo reference of the 2 parts

the one on the left is the bestgun hopchamber
the one on the right is the stock tanaka hopchamber which;after a while broke at the threaded part

the besgun hopchamber that i bought

this is the part i was asking sirs;i already tried it with the bestgun hopchamber and it fits perfectly;although sir wolfgeorge is right;the second hole in the chamber is missing unlike the stock one

the bestgun hopchamber inserted at the upper receiver slot
it has a snug fit and it doesnt rattle or move when tightened

right now im just waiting for the hoprubber set to arrive ( gng brand;red color )

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
All the guns I've seen had 2 pin holes! Yours has only one!!
What is that in the 3rd photo? I've never seen one before in a M700, it looks like KAR98 hop up, though I've never messed with KAR98.

This is my hop up chamber

BGS housing

And here's the KAR98 hop up

So indeed that in you picture is a K98 hop up and it doesn't fit on the M700.

Wolf

·
Registered
361 Posts
No Wolf, that's just the piece that slides into the housing. It actually holds the rubber and attaches to the barrel, it's an M700 piece.

If you look at the shape and size it's the correct M700 part, as well as the picture he posted of it in the housing, it's fine. You're thrown off by the notch in the base which is present in the K98 part, however if you look at the K98 part it is significantly elongated and has a cut in the end, the part he showed a picture of has neither of those characteristics.

Mayhem, very nice pics.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ mr overkill: thanks sir :) i posted some pics of the part that i bought to serve as guide to those who are into this kind of a cool project; hehe i just love my m700 rifle :)

@ sir wolfgeorge: im missing that part where the small piece and nossle are in a set together with the hoprubber;i just used the housing of the hopchamber then matched it with the stock chamber piece of my m700;it fits perfectly;waiting for the gng hoprubber set to arrive

a quick question though;does anybody know if the kingarms piece;the one colored red;will fit the bestgun hopchamber housing?and i just want to ask also if its a good idea to match the two parts together so i can use the 9ball hoprubber by prometheus

thanks sirs for the cool replies

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.