Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ...

Well I got my order today... And I said I would do a quick review on the ammo so here is a really quick one.

I opened the bag and was suprised to find the clear ammo. I thought that I had ordered the black .30's. But oh well these will work as I was currious about them anyway.

But when looking at the ammo they are as close to perfection as can be. They are clear... and i mean clear, no air bubbles or anything that can be seen inside. Just got done showing the wife the ammo, and when looking closer there was one or two that had very VERY small bubbles in them.

There is no noticible seams or machine marks on the ammo as well.

I loaded up 10 rounds in my mag and took the rifle to my back yard and shot at a cardborad box I have in the corner of my yard, apx 50 feet. I was really suprised to be able to put the rounds in a nice tight group, and by group I mean one ragged hole.

I was able to clearly see the ammo fly to the target as well. Which was shocking as they are clear and all, but you see like a little lite ball flying through the air.

They shoot very nicely and didn't seem to pose any problem in the mag or in the rifle.

I will be doing more and more testing and of course shooting with these to get the most out of them. But so far I would be telling people to get them for there rifles. But not so much for a person with a heavy trigger finger, being as a 1Kg bag is $31. Kind of costly but I feel they are worth it as of right now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Heard that the bioval .27 got banned from the event "Berget" in sweden, because there were reports of the bullets being able to make dents and cracks in glass windows... They were considered to dangerous to use in games after that.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I heard the same thing, but I also heard that they were from people firing to close to the targets.

But they don't seem to be any different that any other bb, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meh I am not worried about it.

The guys I play with know I am using them and they are fine with it.

I am planning on having a game here next weekend and will get a shot review after that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Woogie, I hope you have some of these bb's left! Here is what I want you to do: go take a couple of the biovals, and a couple regular bbs... Subject the regular(other) bbs to a hammer, try and flatten or break the bb on the first hit. Take note of the results. Now, move on to the biovals... Hit them with the hammer, on the first hit you should notice a difference. Continue to hit the Bioval bb harder until something happens, when you reach this point, you should be able to identify why these wonderful bbs(I love em too) have been banned in some places (if you don't have any more, I'll fill in the blanks, maybe even make a video)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have actually shot them at a steel plate from 20', using my M24 that is shooting at 610fps, and they bounced back at me! I figured they would shatter, but nope.

I may have to do that here now that winter has hit. I can look at using some of the .40 madbulls that I have and the biovals.

But I have found that they shoot great in my SPR, so really don't want to waste a ton of them

·
Registered
117 Posts
Alright, I'll just go ahead and tell you. If you take a hammer to the Biovials... they shatter like glass, they explode under the force of the hammer, a shard became wedged into my hand at one point when I was conducting this test(it was mere dinking around at the time
) You should try it though, I found it entertaining. And I do believe that they are still safe to use on the field, as there is no possibility of creating enough force to cause this reaction. Great BB's none the less, I use them personally in my PSG-1! Good shooting out there

The Loner

·
Registered
72 Posts
The reason they bounced back is because they flex a ton more than a regular bb witch will pop the air bubble inside.

Also, at 6 hundred some fps, they WILL break windows from a pretty good distance. Theres a whole thread on em at MiA. They're becoming more and more notorious. Pretty sure they're banned at some events in Mi.

I personally have shot out a few junk windows, and its fun, but not a good thing.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I know alot of fields wont let them on their land. And it does make sence. The one thing that I do is when I am using them, is to make sure that no head shots are taken. That does mean a bit more waiting at times, but it is worth it for saftey.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I play with around 30 guys. And being as it is a private field, we can really do what we want. But we do make sure that things are as safe as can be.

That and if someone has a problem with the ammo, then I can switch it to something else.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That sounds nice. But anyways, there is no way on the airsoft battle field that one of the Biovial .27s would shatter like that. The only circumstance that comes to mind is if one hit an incoming RPG(actual rocket) at an OPERATION such as East Wind :) So no worries, chances are that if that ever happens, the least of a players worries is a shattering bb, and their attention should be focused on getting back down into their vehicle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.