Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a night game to go to for the 2nd and 3rd of July, and I've been putting off repairing my sniper.

I busted the hop up, (I'm assuming, as it no longer hops up.) due to a foolish mistake when putting it back together, after stuffing it with paper towels.

My rifle is a JG Bar 10 GSpec, and I need to find a new hop up.

First, I can't find one anywhere. Do you guys know where I could find a site that has one? I've searched extensively, but had no luck.

Next, if I get a hopper, replace the old one, and it still shoots a hundred feet, and then drops, what would you guys do next? I'm not really sure what on earth it could be, other then that.

EDIT: Still in paintball mode, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
The JG bar-10 takes vsr-10 parts because it is a clone. Here is the aero chamber off of airsoft atlanta: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Laylax_VSR_10_AERO_Chamber_NEO_p/58466.htm
However, if you get this you will have to go ahead and switch to a aeg inner barrel. This is not necessarily a bad thing as now you can use a aeg bucking too. However, if you are low on money, then this could be a problem.

If you do have the cash, I recommend the aero chamber, a aeg tightbore barrel, and a new bucking and maybe a spare (bucking), just in case it rips.

"I busted the hop up, (I'm assuming, as it no longer hops up."
Did you try getting a new bucking. If you were messing with it, the little rubber piece (bucking) could have ripped. This could be the source of the problem. However, I still suggest getting a whole new hop up. This is one of the most important upgrades in my mind.

"Next, if I get a hopper, replace the old one, and it still shoots a hundred feet, and then drops, what would you guys do next?"
This would only happen if you had problems with the installation. This happened to me because I forgot to install some bits and pieces. There are ways to adjust the hop to more or less, so if you find after correctly installing the hop up, and you still have no hop, try turning it to give the bb alittle more hop. This should solve your problem.

I understand you have a game coming up, so I am going to try and help you as much as I can. I have gone through the same experience before. I checked out airsoft atlanta's shipping policy. Since you live in Rhode Island, it will take three days to ship to you. That gives you about 10 days before your game? Plenty of time to get that order and have a few days to install everything. That way, if you have any problems we can help :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thanks for the fast response.

I don't have the cash for a new chamber and barrel at the moment, being laid off, but I'll put that on my upgrade list.

I never tried replacing the bucking, I'll see if I can get one by the battle. Once I get the cash, I'll try upgrading the whole thing, and post here when I do. Not having a job though, it could be some time.
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

Do you have any specific recommendation for buckings?

Soft or Hard, etc.

The only one I can find that's in stock is the Fire Fly, which I've heard a friend mention.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Firefly_Hop_Up_Bucking_for_VSR_10_Hard_also_fit_p/63320.htm

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Well, I have only had experience with aeg buckings because I use the pdi hop up chamber, which allows the use of aeg barrels, etc. (similar to the aero chamber.) I am not sure what bucking a stock g spec with original hop up can take. I looked online google, and I believe the firefly is an aeg bucking. That explains why it works in the pdi and aero chambers (they take aeg buckings).

On evike, they have a replacement hop up for the bar-10 coming as early as July 1st. It will not be in by the time you have your game, but it is a option for you in the future since you are low on cash at the moment.

Link to hop up: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_579&products_id=30786

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'll probably order that unless I land a job, because the other one is close to $200 total with a new barrel and everything.

My cousin came over a few weeks ago, and I let him look at my guns. Last night I was looking at my gun getting it ready for the game, and it was cocked. :|

So now I need to see how much my spring was affected. Chances are, it's stretched and I need a new one, so I have a feeling I'll just be using a pistol.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I have had similar problems. I had to use only my pistol for a few games because my rifle was having some problems. Good luck in the future, hope things turn out better. Let me know if you need any help with upgrades in the upcoming months.

Fuzzy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking for stock springs at the moment, because I don't have the money to upgrade the piston and sears, and whatever else would need to be upgraded with a more powerful spring. I think I might be able to pull this off.

I'm looking at:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=362_364&products_id=3457

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=362_364&products_id=4382
(This one labels a significant FPS upgrade)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=362_364&products_id=5713

The problem is, I have a G-Spec, so has anyone ever upgraded a G-Spec's spring? I mean, they say that the sears won't wear down any faster, but that's for a JG/VSR 10, so I'm assuming G-Spec has weaker internals.

EDIT: I might just upgrade the sears. I don't know... It depends what the bigger problem is. The Hop Up, or the spring.

2nd EDIT: I'm looking at my bucking now, and it is just ripped to shreds! You know what it must have been. There's a long screw and a short screw. I remember putting the long screw in the front where the short one goes once, by accident, and that's probably what destroyed it. The hop up is right under it.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I would say that you have found the problem, the bucking. :) Thats a step in the right direction.

Here is some good news. The bucking, being the problem, is an easy fix if you can find another hop up bucking replacement that works for your stock hop up. Possibly if you call evike, and ask if there are any replacement buckings, then they could just send that out to you. I assume the rest of your hop up is fine.

This leaves you with the problem of the spring being worn down. To be on the safe side, at the most, go with the first spring you have listed.

The g-spec is pretty much the same as the standard bar-10. The only difference is that the g-spec has a shorter outer barrel and offers more mobility (without suppressor). Both still have the same quality internal parts. However, I have heard that the stock trigger sear gives out after awhile, so that is something to look into in the future. But you should be fine with laylax 120 spring for the two day event.

Overall, new bucking, and the laylax 120 spring should get you through the two day span, it least. Then in the future, some good quality sears, piston and piston head, etc. will help give you some more durability.

Edit: On airsoft gi, under bolt action parts, jg has its stock bucking and trigger/piston sear for sale. Unfortunately the bucking is out of stock, but the trigger/piston sear is available in case your current ones gives out. Depending how much your current sears have been worn down, those replacements would surely last with the 120 spring for some time.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?select=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airsoftgi.com%2Findex.php%3FcPath%3D362_364%26sort%3D2a%26PLsort%3D3d&cPath=362_364&sort=2a&filter_id=26

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just staring at that out of stock bucking going "That would make my life so much simpler right now." Oh well, a bit of adversity never hurt anyone.

The gun hasn't been used too much, maybe 4/5 battles, each of which lasted for only a couple hours, and I've maybe shot the gun 500 times total.

I only got it last summer, and haven't used it over the winter. (Big mistake, not using it.)

I'm going to order the spring, put that in. See if I can't find a bucking somewhere, and then that leaves me with:

Piston Sears
Piston
Piston Head
Trigger Sears

all to be upgraded over time. What wears out the trigger sears? Just constant firing of the gun? Will the stronger spring effect this?

Finally, I remember seeing vinde post something about caulking the inside of the gun, so I plan to do that (assuming I can find his post) instead of my old paper towels.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
No problem. Indeed that bucking that is out of stock would have made things much simpler :) .

Here is a link to Zulu's thread about upgrading the l96. While the l96 uses different parts than those of the vsr, the same things apply on what to upgrade and what order to do it. Just remember when you do purchase upgrades to get the ones for the vsr ;)

Link: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=681

List of some upgrades:
-piston and piston head
-trigger and piston sears or zero trigger
-cylinder head and cylinder
-spring guide
-tightbore barrel
-aero chamber
-buckings
-nubbing (comes with the bucking)
-And if need be, a new bolt handle (in case you go with a high fps set up, it might crack: don't worry about this for now)

"What wears out the trigger sears? Just constant firing of the gun? Will the stronger spring effect this?"
Over time as you use the rifle, the sears naturally will wear down. Upgrading the spring will speed up the process. However, your g spec shoots 400 fps out of the box. You will be installing a spring that will make your rifle shoot 400 fps. Therefore, the sears will not really wear down much faster. Also, if you find some of Vindi's or other peoples guides, there are DIY mods. Some help with getting better compression which can result in a higher fps output, without affecting the sears at all. I would stay away from ones that affect the sears because you are still using stock sears.

Good luck, any questions pm me or put them here. I will check it periodically.

Fuzzy

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I would go with the second one, the ma120. That way you can be sure your rifle will not crap out on you, while still having a solid fps set up.

Also, with a few Do it yourself mods, you could increase compression, creating a higher fps output, with more consistent shots, while not affecting the sears at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I'm gonna pick up a tighter O-Ring, and I'm holding the piston in my hand debating an Airbrake mod.

I've always prided myself on how quiet my rifle was... Can't decide.

EDIT: Got a tighter O-Ring, did the air brake, painted the gun, got some Teflon, sealed the cylinder with it, new spring should be coming in soon, and we'll see how it shoots.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.