• Both

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • I'm a spotter, I use a standard AEG.

Votes: 2 3.2%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both.. I tend to use my M14 while on the move and my co2 bar-10 when it's time for the really long shots also it sounds like a 22long, perfect for making the enemy crap themself!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I,m using a BASR. I just love the feeling of 1: the feeling of racking the bolt back and forward while effectively engaging the enemy. 2:the surprise that many players get when they have been just outdone by a guy with a BASR after they stated that they think that BASRs are useless.
3: That indescribable feeling of getting a real "one shot, one kill".

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got a BASR when I blew out my knee, figured I can find a nice hide and plink the other side...
But since then I tore up my wrist and having trouble pulling the bolt back >:, so I may turn an old M4 (Frankengun) into a DMR, need to add a TBB, change the gears to high torque, and add a barrel extension.
It's nice to have choices!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Bolt action, I have nothing against the dmr platform though. I almost got a dmr but lack of experience with the mechanics kept me with the BASR. Plus its sweet, elite, and ammunition efficient.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use a spring bolt action - would love to have a DMR as well, but i'd prefer one that wasn't electric

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have to agree with bushmaster on this one.

Reactions: Bushmaster Recon

·
Registered
398 Posts
I will probably be switching over to a more permanent DMR/battle rifle role, the team me and a buddy of mine is about 20 regular members now so my going of to be one with the bush and a rifle is getting side lined a bit by acting like a platoon command section....

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
BASR all the way. I agree with Bush about how a BASR feels. I could probably use a DMR with no problem but first, don't have that kind of budget, and second, I play at a field where very few people have even heard of r-hop, so it would just be a bit too easy for me and would become a little boring after a while with that kind of advantage over clear guns.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I can do one shot one kill also, I just have a lot more kills in one second than you do. ;)

It's about the need for extra firepower at my field.
I'm not trying to compete with you all I was saying is that I was suprised by the amount of dmr users because in movies, pictures and real life alot of snipers use bolt action rifles so I originally thought that most airsoft snipers would be influenced by that and thus would use BASRs

·
Registered
227 Posts
defiantly a bolt rifle once you get in the zone the rifle just feels like an extension of your body and you dont even have to think about where you have too adjust to get the bb down range and more importantly on its target. :tup:

Reactions: Bushmaster Recon
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.