• Both

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • I'm a spotter, I use a standard AEG.

Votes: 2 3.2%
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
6,233 Posts
As we all know by now ... Airsoft is not like in real life, at least in distances over 50m!

And a DMR with a mid or high cap is a plus! Cause you don't need to reload often and you can provide better cover for the assault teams.

I also enjoy racking the bolt but sometimes I prefer the bigger fire power of the semi auto rifles.

Wolf

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love BASR, both how they lok and how they feel. But where i generally play here in Sweden, the others with regular AEGs have about the same range but higher ROF so the BASR is not so much better.

I personally use DMRs. M14 DMR or my G36 DMR. None of which are perfect yet, but they're gonna be sorted ASAP.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I use both as I play alot of different fields, with varying fps limits, so take which ever suits the field or game type/style being played :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
DMR. M14 EBR just looks so beastly compared to any other sniper I have seen. If I could mod a TM PSG-1 to work bolt action, I would use that, regardless of how unrealistic it is =D

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Another reason that I use a bolt action is that some of the fields a play at are abit on the small side. So there for, I use the bolt action because its not as noisy as the AEG. I have been able to take enemy players with other enemy players who are close to me not noticing because of the quietness of the bolt action. I know that had I used a DMR I would have been found out.
How do you DMR users get around that type of situation?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I run a DMR. I like how I can lay down suppressive to suppress or distract, then move. the more I move, the less I am concerned about noise. Once I fire, they know where I'm at, so I can either get a few hitsn and buy me some time. Been playing night games and its super effective during our sniper hunts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
@Bushmaster_Recon

We don't get around the noise fully. But some methods to reduce noise is possible to do.
I am using a mock suppressor that actually suppress the noise that can be heard. The GB-noise is not as bad as the noise from the barrel, at least not ata distance and if the GB is shimmed properly.

The biggest source of noise in any DMR i've seen, is the noise from the barrel. That smatttering noise the rifle does when the BB is pushed through the barrel. I reduce this with my suppressor which i have filled with a sheet burlap rolled around an old AEG-spring. It works perfectly and the noise is reduced to almost nothing. Or it's just the pitch of the noise that is altered and thus doesn't travel as far, i don't know exactly. But it works.

The most noise my DMR does is in the GB itself. As long as you don't run your setup with a metal pistonhead against a metal cylinderhead, you shouldn't have so much clanging noise. This noise can however be reduced by using the method in the "Holy Grail of DMR"-thread with mouspad-patches on both sides.
But i have found that most enemies don't react at all to the noise that my GB does. The noise we hear from our GB is most comonly only heard by ourselves. At least in my experience.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.