Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. I was just thinking about this years Blind Fury Ops in Ohio.. I have been to a few OPS and I cant remember seeing any snipers with bolt actions there.. is a bolt action sniper that rare at OPS? I am strongly considering using my rifle this year. Just to clear some things up.. I have been playing for 11 years and roughly half of that time I was sniper recon with a bolt rifle. I consider myself a good marksman and love the feeling I get when hunting my enemy with a bolt action! How many sniper with bolt action rifle have you seen at OPS? Yourselves included. I plan to have an smg on my side for when things get rough I think but maybe just my pistol,lol.. I also get excelent range and accuracy "roughly 200-225 ft effective range with 36's"

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I am one of usually 2 people, but if we get our sh*t together, we can kick some serious butt. I held the entire enemy team at a ridge for about an hour and that let the rest of my team flank and destroy them.

Your main role will be to gather intel, but unless there is a huge site and maps, etc. there won't be much.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am one of usually 2 people, but if we get our sh*t together, we can kick some serious butt. I held the entire enemy team at a ridge for about an hour and that let the rest of my team flank and destroy them.

Your main role will be to gather intel, but unless there is a huge site and maps, etc. there won't be much.
Right.. I have been doing the sniper recon role for so many years,lol.. just recently started going to ops "last 3 years" and am already sick of aeg's. I tried I really did but they just are not for me I guess.. I prefer the nice simple power of a bolt action over anything. I think I may just use my Bolty this year at an ops.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went to OP Irene last year and there were snipers there. They were limited slots though only one sniper team per team. At the Ops at my local field there are snipers also. What you need to remember is that snipers are not that common at normal airsoft days. When it comes to Ops with the amount of people who go that number will mostly likely go down or at the least stay the same. Either way your looking at less snipers per "normal" riflemen.

I agree and disagree with Cheese man about your role. If the games are short (by short I mean less then two hours) then more then likely you'll be moving with a larger group providing long range support. The longer games, the ones lasting 24 or 48 hours, you should be able to fill the normal sniper role of intel gathering and the one shot one kill. But like Cheese Man said it would also depend on the field size.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blind Fury has 280 acres. I hear the deploy the snipers a few before the rest of the players so snipers can get dug in. I am more of a stalker/hunter type sniper. I tend to play more recon than shooter. And I really only pull the trigger when I am 95% sure about getting the kill. Last year I was with a group of good friends and I ran as infantry and it was fun and all but I am not real big on loud full auto rifles,lol.. For some reason I get a certain feeling when I hold a bolty. I still wanna run with my same squad like normal. I doubt I use a ghillie cause they make me feel like I'm dying,lol.. my body already runs super hot, ghillies are like a freaking fur coat on a summer day and I snag on everything near me,unless I make a crawl suit or a stalker suit that can breathe good. I know I will get way less kills and more than likely out numbered and outgunned but shouldnt be outranged and if I roll with my squad I should be safe. I usually like to run solo when playing the snipers role but I dont think I wanna be a lone wolf at this game. Its just too huge. Maybe I will end up using my rifle with no scope since a lot of times my scope seems to get in the way and I take it off and click it to my vest. I kinda like using my bolty with iron sights. Thanks for the comments guys. Would love to hear people opinions and maybe even some stories of their experiences with sniping at Ops..

·
Registered
66 Posts
The main problem is that people do not know how to use their rifles. They think it is like Cawl Of Doodie. You know, 360N0SC0PE leet shots. It takes months, money and dedication to acutally become good enough to be able to use your bolt action sniper rifle.

Most people do not realize that until they learn that the hard way. The have to get smacked across the face with the obivous.

There is fairly large BASR users base in the Czech Republic, mainly because airsoft is a bit more expensive here than in the US and you can very well see that they (mostly) know what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt. I have many years under my belt as a sniper. Been playing for 11 years and half that as a sniper. Heck I started off with a bolty for the first half of my time, then got my teeth shot to hell when I was outnumbered. I then got an M4,traded it for an Ak then traded for another aeg and so on.. I dont care much for an aeg for the most part,its not my thing,lol.. I recently bought this rifle and I am still learning its abilities but Blind Fury isnt till end of August so I have time to set her up how I need her to be. So I consider myself a veteran airsoft sniper. Started in 2000. I am almost to me 12 year mark,lol.. them dang noob kids with their call of duty mentallity kinda give us more advanced snipers a crappy name I agree,lol..

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is quite a while, I have been sniping for four out of six years total. Was not easy to start with. It took a lot of sweat blood and tears to get where I am now. People just do not realize that when they meet spring snipers.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, them new dudes just think sniping is laying on the ground with a rifle expecting to get super long range kills and such. Heck sniping is only 10% shooting. lol..

As for them aeg guys,lol.. Big mags full of ammo and shooting till their motors burn up, still not hitting crap! :hehe:. I go out on the field with 5, 20 rnd mags. Rarely even touch the third mag after a 6 hour game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.