Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I use both, as I play on 8 to 10 different sites per year, all with differing field limits from 350 max to 500.

I also use the weapon that most suits the terrain and target richness of the site being played.

And I always take the non-used weapon alternative along, just incase, as sometimes the different missions require different weapons.

But I think everyone knows I'm more DMR than BA ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've always considered a BA kill too be much more rewarding for some reason, but both types of platforms have their advantages/disadvantages, I believe it's more of your opinion on which one is best.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
mattm99958 said:
Hey guys so i don't know if there's already a form on this if there is i cant find it but I want to hear your guys opinions On which is better or your more favored.
Matt, please work on the grammar and punctuation. You should know this by now. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I honestly like Bolt-Action rifles much more, as even just cycling the bolt can be fun, and it also seems to make it a bit more challenging. But, then again, I also run around sometimes with a rubber bayonet, just to see how long before I manage to get shot...

·
Registered
292 Posts
AEGs are problematic, especially V2s at 450FPS or more. And once that is no longer an issue you still need to accurize your rifle. Semi-autos can come in gas just like a BA but you are looking at either blowing a wad of cash or having problems with consistency with a NBB or GBB. BA rifles seem to be fairly priced for what you get, while I have yet see a single AEG manufacturer fix the AOE. Being the biggest problem in the electric market and AOE correction has been mainstream tech work for half a decade now, I'm assuming its another form of planned obsolescence.
I would go with something cheap if you are new to "sniping" but if you have been playing for years and love the M4 system and know that you will play multiple roles for years to come, I'd consider a Polarstar PR-15. $450 for a gasbox, $600+ for a complete PR-15 and another $150 for an airrig. They use AEG mags and you can play every MED on the field with simple adjustments. $600 can easily be spent of two stock AEGs, one AEG and upgrades or one bolt action rifle

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Bolt rifles all the way.... then again it depends on what your field is like, and how you play.

I like the bolties due to most people at my field thinking that pouring bb's down range is the best option. And to see them walk off the field knowing that they were taken out with only one bb is a great feeling.

That and when I do use my GBBR, or a buddies AEG, I am much more likely to hit my target than to throw a shot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use DMRs because it is how I can be the most helpful to my team. BASRs are too slow, and everyone has an assault rifle. The position was needed to have a DMR among the team, and I stepped up to the position because it fit my play style the best. Now, that's why I started using a DMR.

I still use a DMR because I view it as the best system in the airsoft world. The ability to nail someone way out of their range is an awesome feeling, and the ability to take out a team, thanks to semi auto, is a great multiplier as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chambering a round in a BA is the bees knees. I seem to reguard a BA elimination higher than an DMR one, because if you miss with a DMR follow up shots are much easier. Where I play (check out my videos) theres closer engagements so I tend to use my M110 much more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.