Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all I would just like to mention that I am new to the sniper side of airsoft and thus do not know too much about anything so if I mess something up my bad in advance.

So I recently decided to buy an asg m40A3 Sportline (I know its not got a big reputation but I've been told that it is an excellent starter sniper and apparently accepts L96 parts so I said screw it), and I noticed that after the rifle was cocked, the bolt was still able to wiggle a little bit forward and back which resulted in the nozzle sort of being able to move back and forth a tiny bit in the hop up bucking. This resulted in a very poor seal that had a gap going all the way around the nozzle. Just to make sure this was happening I recorded a slo-mo video of nozzle when firing and noticed that it would jump forward once I think the piston hit it. If I had a chronograph I would be able to check the fps but unfortunately there is nowhere I can go to check It. I also do not have enough space to check if this makes a large impact on accuracy.

Is there anything I can do about this issue or is it not a big enough deal to worry about.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I've had a similar issue before, and of it's what I'm thinking of, it stems from a loose trigger box. Make sure to put a crap ton of loctite on the trigger box screws and reapply it to the receiver. If that doesn't work, let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts