Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys.....

Well I just got my M24 and I am loving this thing. Had to do a little sanding on the mag to get her to work but I got her going.

The one problem that I am having is that the bolt isn't always going to the front most position. It takes a bit of force but it does go.

Things I checked.....
PDI hop up chamber, everything ok, adjustment screws not a problem.
Piston head all the way screwed on.
Spring guide all the way connected.
Nothing in the reciever to cause a problem, to my eyes.

It will cycle and when you go to close the bolt you get about 1/8" untill you can cycle the bolt handle down. This is where it stops every once in a while.

Any help would be great guys....

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Plastonite cylinder set.

There was a guy over on ASF that had the same problem and was talking about a "pin" that came loose on the bolt. I am assuming that it would be near the bolt itself, but not quite sure.

Still going to play with her as much as I can.

But man do I love this rifle. Nice in weight and .... well.... I love it

·
Registered
182 Posts
its an issue on the standard steel cylinder too.. there is a pin that holds the rat tail for the bolt handle.
It is not always ground perfectly.. if you grind it down it will function properly but over do it and you wrecked the cylinder to the point of replacement.

or you can grind on the receiver were its making contact which is a safer bet.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok....

Anyway to get a pic of the "problem area" So I know exactly where to gring to make sure I don't screw it up. And a some what shot of where the reciever should be ground. That sounds like the better option to be honest. Really don't want to mess up the cylinder.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep that seems fine. I have the same chamber in my L96, already messed that one up by doing the same thing.

But the pins I am guessing that it is one of the 4 pins that hold the bolt handle on, like stated above. I took a center punch and slightly tapped it a little bit. Seemed to work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well cause CA m24 series is extremely close to Maruzen aps-2 series I think I know what the problem is. The slot, where the pin what holds the spring-guide ,does not take the full force when the bolt is closed. What I mean is that the cylinder back part, where that pin goes, touches the spring guide at the end and moves the spring guide forward when you close the bolt.

I hope this picture will explain what I'm trying to say

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for stealing the thread. But it seemed as the most similar to my problem

I have recently got my hands on a M24. but after my upgrades (380% spring, vacuum piston and adv, cylinder ) I seem to be having problems cocking the gun. The problem is that it seem to be unable to "lock" the spring in order to fire it.

I have researched this forum in order to find any solutions or hints onto solving this issue. But unable to do so I took the liberty of presenting my problem in this thread instead och creating a new one
Hope you guys can overlook any misspellings, and hopefully i managed too describe my problem.

Best regards from Sweden

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.