Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bought a Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro sniper, and i really wanted to upgrade it, but i couldn't get a few of the parts due to them being out of stock... so here's what i bought, i need a little feedback about if all these parts will be compatible and weather or not these will upgrade it enough.

Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro-Sniper Version

Laylax PSS10 Teflon Cylinder for VSR-10

Laylax PSS10 150 Spring

PDI 01 6.01mm Precision Barrel for Marui VSR-10

Laylax PSS-10 Zero-Trigger for VSR10 (with orange cylinder)

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
With an M150 spring you may get away without needing to upgrade the spring guide. M150 should give you about 460-470fps. Maybe a little more when new.
Also the Laylax Teflon cylinder comes with a good cylinder head.
One other thing is that Action Army are a copy of Laylax and their products are cheaper and just as high quality. I would highly advise getting the Action Army items and save yourself some money.
Most people find that a 6.03mm is more accurate for longer ranges.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cylinder head and a spring guide. You're probably gonna end up going to a stronger spring.
Well, i mean i want to stay around the 475-500ish range in FPS..

and i couldnt find a spring guide and a spring guide stopper that was in stock, so i skipped them. i already ordered all the listed parts, so i guess they will have to do for now. maybe eventually go to a 170 spring? once i can find a spring guide and stopper??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE! : Turns out i can afford

Action Army M170 Spring

Action Army Spring Guide

Action Army Specialized "Zero" Airsoft Trigger Set for Marui VSR10

Action Army Inner Barrel Spacer Fit with Marui VSR 10, JG BAR 10, HFC VSR 11

Will these be optimal? The only thing is, now i will have an extra 150 spring.

So now i will have everything i originally posted, EXCEPT the laylax zero trigger. and then all of these parts.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Really? I've never heard that before, why is this?
Big long reasons as to why but it's worth getting the 6.03m
2 simple reasons are that it puts an air layer around the bb as it fires through the barrel so it is not skimming the sides. (Skimming the sides also makes your inner barrel extra dirty)
Other reason is because if a 6.01mm barrel gets just a little grime in it, the bb will touch the grime and put it off course. A 6.03mm has that extra space that it is less likely to hit the grime on the sides.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big long reasons as to why but it's worth getting the 6.03m
2 simple reasons are that it puts an air layer around the bb as it fires through the barrel so it is not skimming the sides. (Skimming the sides also makes your inner barrel extra dirty)
Other reason is because if a 6.01mm barrel gets just a little grime in it, the bb will touch the grime and put it off course. A 6.03mm has that extra space that it is less likely to hit the grime on the sides.
Ahh alright, well thank you for the help! :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pdi 6.05 or laylax 6.03. No need for a 6.01 for sniping applications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plazmaburn

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
The 6.01 is fine, I'm conducting long range (160+ yards) testing using 5.98mm barrels and haven't had any issues.

The barrel length is a bit excessive, though. For a VSR system it will limit your peak efficiency to .30g or so. You can probably work out a deal with a gas rifle user to recoup most of your funds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so you'd recommend me going for a 6.03mm 430mm barrel?

also, i have the option to get a 170 spring... is the 150 good enough? if i dont order a 170, i can just buy a 6.03mm 430mm barrel...

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
6.01mm can be fine but you do need a good quality one as there is less tolerance between the barrel and the bb. So it is higher maintenance to keep the accuracy great.
If you have forked out on a 6.01mm then keep it and make sure you clean it.
Also I would not bother buying a new barrel. If you want to use heavier bb's than 0.3gm, cut it with a hacksaw and then use a dremil to make the end the concaved (So to look like the original barrel). Then put a bit of cloth onto the cleaning rod and spin it on a drill to make it smooth with no burrs.

Here is a rough guideline as to which bb and barrel to use to get the most use from your cylinder.

So chrono your gun and work out the FPS. Then look at the chart and work out the weight bb you need for your FPS. (You can always use a slightly heavier bb and the energy/backspin of the gun should still be able to carry it)
330-350fps = 0.25gm
370-390fps = 0.28gm
400-420fps = 0.30gm
430-450fps = 0.32gm
480-500fps = 0.36gm (At 460fps+ you may decide to use a 0.4gm bb)

520-540fps = 0.40gm (You may decide to go with 0.43gm if you can see the dam things when they fly)
(These FPS/BB weights can be used with any gun setup. So if your pistol is firing at a ridiculous 540fps then use 0.4gm)

Now to get the best use of your VSR10 cylinder with this bb weight you need to get the right length barrel
Note: I use 6.03mm barrels
So see the chart below:
0.3gm bb use a 554mm barrel
0.32gm bb use a 530mm barrel
0.36gm bb use a 500mm barrel
0.4gm bb use a 470mm barrel

0.43gm bb use a 430mm barrel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
6.01mm can be fine but you do need a good quality one as there is less tolerance between the barrel and the bb. So it is higher maintenance to keep the accuracy great.
If you have forked out on a 6.01mm then keep it and make sure you clean it.
Also I would not bother buying a new barrel. If you want to use heavier bb's than 0.3gm, cut it with a hacksaw and then use a dremil to make the end the concaved (So to look like the original barrel). Then put a bit of cloth onto the cleaning rod and spin it on a drill to make it smooth with no burrs.

Here is a rough guideline as to which bb and barrel to use to get the most use from your cylinder.

So chrono your gun and work out the FPS. Then look at the chart and work out the weight bb you need for your FPS. (You can always use a slightly heavier bb and the energy/backspin of the gun should still be able to carry it)
330-350fps = 0.25gm
370-390fps = 0.28gm
400-420fps = 0.30gm
430-450fps = 0.32gm
480-500fps = 0.36gm (At 460fps+ you may decide to use a 0.4gm bb)

520-540fps = 0.40gm (You may decide to go with 0.43gm if you can see the dam things when they fly)
(These FPS/BB weights can be used with any gun setup. So if your pistol is firing at a ridiculous 540fps then use 0.4gm)

Now to get the best use of your VSR10 cylinder with this bb weight you need to get the right length barrel
Note: I use 6.03mm barrels
So see the chart below:
0.3gm bb use a 554mm barrel
0.32gm bb use a 530mm barrel
0.36gm bb use a 500mm barrel
0.4gm bb use a 470mm barrel

0.43gm bb use a 430mm barrel
i mean, i plan on using .3s i ordered a few big bags already so i suppose i'll use the 6.01, if it becomes too much of an issue, i'll sell get myself a 6.03 and a shorter one at that. ..

So basically the answer i need right now is how will my gun preform with these upgrades?

-Zero trigger and Piston
-554mm 6.01 barrel (and this is a PDI barrel, so i assume its High enough quality?)
-170 spring
-laylax teflon cylinder
-Action army Spring guide
-Action army Barrel Spacers

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
i mean, i plan on using .3s i ordered a few big bags already so i suppose i'll use the 6.01, if it becomes too much of an issue, i'll sell get myself a 6.03 and a shorter one at that. ..

So basically the answer i need right now is how will my gun preform with these upgrades?

-Zero trigger and Piston
-554mm 6.01 barrel (and this is a PDI barrel, so i assume its High enough quality?)
-170 spring
-laylax teflon cylinder
-Action army Spring guide
-Action army Barrel Spacers
It will perform good if the hopup rubber is fully aligned up and no air leaks. FPS should be about 540-550 and range should be about 70-80 meters accurately (hitting a torso) on a non windy day. Also if you use some sorbo on the cylinder head the sound that comes out the end of the gun should not be noticeable after 15 meters. So it should be really quiet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It will perform good if the hopup rubber is fully aligned up and no air leaks. FPS should be about 540-550 and range should be about 70-80 meters accurately (hitting a torso) on a non windy day. Also if you use some sorbo on the cylinder head the sound that comes out the end of the gun should not be noticeable after 15 meters. So it should be really quiet.
Thank you, very much. You've been a HUGE help.

will i need to get a silencer when using a 550 barrel because of how long it is?

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
will i need to get a silencer when using a 550 barrel because of how long it is?
I normally get as long as possible but this can make it a pain to haul about. But I put up with it. The longer the silencer the quieter your gun.
So I use 335mm x 40mm but you can use a shorter one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I normally get as long as possible but this can make it a pain to haul about. But I put up with it. The longer the silencer the quieter your gun.
So I use 335mm x 40mm but you can use a shorter one.
oh... so i need to buy one? Ughhhhh this is getting annoying, i dont have the money for the silencer and barrel adaptor. when i went on a VSR-10 upgrading guide, nothing was said about me needing to extend the outer barrel... i just sunk almost $1000 dollars into this, and now there are so many problems arising i wish i had known this beforehand.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
It does mention that you may need a silencer in my upgrade guide.
That is a bugger it cost you so much. My one only cost me about US$600-700

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.