Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After a lot of thought and decision making, i decided to buy the well mb04 type-96 instead of upgrading my mb03 vsr. I am very satisfied with this purchase! I upgraded my barrel to a tmadbull tightbore, picked up an action army hop-up and maple leaf bucking and tensioner nub. Also, i purchased the utg upgrade kit, and used the piston and spring guide from that, and made the decision to shoot madbull .40 g bb's. So far, i am thrilled with this purchase, the gun shoots accurate and hard. Although i cant play yet (long story short ive had 17 stitches in my leg in the past month from sliding during an airsoft battle) i love the way it shoots, and its so quiet compared to my old vsr. The trigger feels great so i think it will be a good amount of time until i upgrade to a metal trigger box. But anyways, i felt i should update you guys, and show some pictures, also i would like to thank reliku and all others who helped me make my decisions.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Cool stuff. Your current setup is a bit more expensive and a tad heavier than upgrading the MB03 would've been, but it's a good setup and type 96's are darn reliable so you should be good. Let us know how it goes when you get to play again (17 stitches does sound painful :nuts:).

The trigger box should be good as it is, you can probably leave that alone for a while. You may want to eventually upgrade it along with the cylinder and cylinder head but it's a very skirmishable & reliable rifle in the configuration you have it in now.

You may have to fire a thousand shots or so until that maple leaf bucking really starts to shine. Mine had to be worn in a little, and I've heard similar tales from other people. Probably has something to do with the grip the bucking is getting on the bb, when it's roughed up a little it's apparently more consistent.. They're pretty hard so they should last a good 10k shots at least (not sure what hardness you've got), but wearing them in may be something to take into consideration :tup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reliku,
In my opinion the extra money was well worth it. i love this gun! i cant get it really perfect at the moment, my next upgrades are going to be cylinder and cylinder head, and way down the road trigger box. Also i forgot to mention i Teflon taped my cylinder threads, and lined my whole barrel with masking tape. The barrel fits like a glove.

Perhaps you could answer two questions for me, when my hop-up is too tight, the bullet travels maybe 6 feet out of the barrel before dropping to the floor, at like 10fps. Its clear the bb is just getting too much of the nub, because when i loosen it the problem stops immediately. is that normal? or did i mess something up during installation.
Also, from the first time i took apart the gun (not to upgrade it, just to get a sense of how much masking tape to wrap around my tight bore, so all parts were still stock ), my gun will occasionally shoot two bullets at a time. sometimes it will happen 3 times in a row. Do you have any experience with that?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Be careful with over tightening your hop up unit. It will cause damage to the insides of your chamber, and it can damage your bucking. The solution is simply don't tighten the hop more than what gives you good performance. I'm not sure why you would tighten it beyond that anyways. It's probably normal. Now what isn't normal at all is how you are getting double feeds. The way the type96 magazines feed, it should be almost impossible to push two bb's out of the magazine with one cycle of the bolt. Not too sure what your problem could be here exactly.

Wrapping your entire barrel with masking tape also doesn't seem like a very good idea. you don't need more than a few spacers to hold the barrel steady. Putting more is just adding more probability for error.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Double feeds are pretty much impossible in such bolt action rifles. Are you sure you're not accidentally cycling the bolt twice?

And fps getting really, really low when you overtighten the hopup is normal. If you tighten it any more it'll just jam and the bb won't come out at all :hehe:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, i think the double feed is the magazine. It sometimes sticks out like 1cm on the bottom. When it is pushed in i have never noticed the problem. Also what do you mean with the barrel tape? Its just like constant spacer haha its real slick and it doesnt take a genius to realize that its doing nothing but helping by reducing shaking
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
i think the double feed is the magazine
Impossible. There is only room for the bolt to push one bb into the chamber. If there are two bb's being chambered then my guess would be you cycled the bolt twice. Keep in mind, pulling it back as little as 1 cm and then pushing it forward again is enough to chamber another bb :shrug:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Impossible. There is only room for the bolt to push one bb into the chamber. If there are two bb's being chambered then my guess would be you cycled the bolt twice. Keep in mind, pulling it back as little as 1 cm and then pushing it forward again is enough to chamber another bb :shrug:
Wait a sec, that's happened to me as well... I didn't find a fix for it, just sorta cleaned everything and it worked fine, however I also swapped mags and haven't used the old ones since then, so it could be a mag issue.

Edit: sorry for the necropost

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.