Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After about 50 shots out of the box, my new BAR10 started to slam fire. I had a TSD SD700 vsr10 imitation/clone (the very same one that had the bolt not going forward problem http://airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=4530) so I replaced the new spring guide stopper from the BAR10 with my old one(from my SD700). The slam firing stopped completely, but the bolt again refused to go all the way forward, just like in my old SD700!

Basically, the old spring guide stopper causes the bolt to not go fully forward when the gun is cocked, and the new one causes the gun to slam fire.

Pics of the bolt not going forward problem:
Bolt in correct forward position (uncocked):

img189.imageshack.us/img189/504/goodyy.jpg

Bolt cocked, cannot go fully into forward position:

img714.imageshack.us/img714/1724/badnc.jpg

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Seems the problem is with the spring guide stopper. Use the stock one with the bar10 and with the cylinder out of the receiver see if the stopper tilts back. It should be straight up and you shouldn't get too much wobble, if any at all. This could be the cause of slam firing.

As for the TSD, if you can a micrometer or slide caliper that is as accurate as a micrometer, see if both the stoppers have the same widths. If one is slightly longer (looking at it from a top view) or slightly wider it could cause different problems. The TSD stopper might be slightly too wide or long and that could cause it to get caught on something or not to go far enough forward. If the BAR10 stopper is too loose, it could not provide enough support to hold the piston to the sear properly.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll make sure to try that. If worst comes to worst I'll just return it to ASGI under their warranty.

Anyways, this exactly describes the problem I encountered:
"If the dimple hole on the SPGS wears out
due to wrong installation, pushing back the bolt will be difficult, and soon SLAM FIRE.."

info [email protected] http://edgicustom.blogspot.com/

The bolt first got hard to push back, then the whole started slam-firing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
BAR10 stopper wobbles like hell. Also, when I use the old TSD stopper, the bolt is still very hard to push forward, although it doesn't slam fire. However, when I put the powerful (stock BAR10) spring in, the gun will still slam fire, even with the TSD stopper. Seems closely related to:

"If the dimple hole on the SPGS wears out
due to wrong installation, pushing back the bolt will be difficult, and soon SLAM FIRE.."

info [email protected] http://edgicustom.blogspot.com/

Also, I tried replacing the entire BAR10 trigger box with the old one from the TSD, but the bolt failed to catch I think because the piston didn't catch the piston sear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.