Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided I would use my current ghillie. So I've starting breaking it in by dragging it through mud and some gravel just to rough up the jute and hopefully fade the color so it blends easier. Is there anything more I should do other than just keep repeating the process of mud, gravel, dry, rinse.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I just get my ghillie suits all wet with mud and let it dry. After the mud dries, I give everything a good shaking to get it all off, then I bat around the jute with my hand to get all the threads separated. I don't rinse mine though, and they turn out great.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah I found that out after I did the steps once. After the rinse I pretty much was at square one.

·
Registered
951 Posts
When I completed my ghillie, i filled up a garbage bin with a pack of coffee grind (1kg) and added boiling water till it was half full. Then i just threw in the ghillie and stirred it around.

It broke up the colors pretty good.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You could always try wearing it and go for a bit of a romp, which which I mean learn to love crawling and dirt and mud.

Tossing it in the dryer with some shoots or something on a cool tempt might save you some work too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The forest near my house is rather muddy, and I so enjoy going out on a good romp with my ghillie suit on a rainy day.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The forest near my house is rather muddy, and I so enjoy going out on a good romp with my ghillie suit on a rainy day.
Nice. Dont mind playing sniper video games on a rainy day, go out and be one!:D

This sounds like a marketing phrase.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hell yeah!
It's great fun if you can get a friend to come along too, to hide from and stalk.
I'd buy from someone with a marketing phrase like that!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I took a few pics of me in my ghillie after it has been roughed up a bit.. I realize now that my color selection probably wasn't the best.. I'm a bit dark for these woods.. I had my brother come and find me and when he saw me he would take a picture.. I want you to keep in mind that in all pictures I have a kill shot.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just need to learn how much. One time I had the entire suite covered really well. It was awesome for a day then I had to rip everything off cause it was dieing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.