barrel

• buy a new one

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Should I rind down the bridge on my lambda ONE 6,01 303mm barrel for my g spec. I recently bought an action army hop up unit, and did a rookie mistake by buying a barrel with bridge. So what's better buy a new one or grind the actual one? (In my country its had to get a 303mm barrel under 120$.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The point of grinding down the bridge is so you can use buckings that need an unbridged barrel. If you used something like the Unicorn Buckings or an Rhop there isn't much of a point.
sorry that i did not wrote about what i want to use. I'm looking to install mr.hop maple leaf bucking in my AA hop unit

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I’d run a pdi w hold or something else like mentioned above. If you’re hell bent on the MRhop, I think users have found it best to have a wider barrel window and even wider hop window like a stock chamber, maple leaf or gray AA chamber, etc. I know a guy who widened the red chamber window too.

Anyway, if you want to run a maple leaf Autobot, then I would remove the bridge if you have confidence that you can do it carefully. I would not remove it for MRhop, that’s just me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d run a pdi w hold or something else like mentioned above. If you’re hell bent on the MRhop, I think users have found it best to have a wider barrel window and even wider hop window like a stock chamber, maple leaf or gray AA chamber, etc. I know a guy who widened the red chamber window too.

Anyway, if you want to run a maple leaf Autobot, then I would remove the bridge if you have confidence that you can do it carefully. I would not remove it for MRhop, that’s just me.
So my options are:
1. Buying a W hold from pdi that will work without grinding the barrel bridge
2. Grind the bridge and install an autobot bucking

·
Registered
779 Posts
I like the autobot a lot. Grinding it isnt hard.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was able to use dikes to cut my bridge off. Worked a lot better than trying to grind it down with a dremel like I did on my first barrel.
Yeah that's definitely better. Make sure you sand the new sharp edges down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts