Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I was just wondering if anyone else felt like this forum is one big broken record? I mean, we have our solid 20-25 guys that are on here, post good tips and whatnot, but what is with these new guys we get once or twice a week that want us to compile over and over a list of things for them to buy, almost making it as simple as telling them where to enter their credit card information?

I know that this forum is about airsoft sniping, but for the love of all that is holy... Can we please just have some people, I don't care what gun it's about, write up a few different upgrades, including links for the websites, along with what FPS it will put them at (With a .2g bb)?

Honestly, I would do that, but I'm in California right now on vacation, and I'm dipping out for the Navy in about 20 days. So if someone would like to do this for me, that'd be really awesome, or even just copy and paste where someone else has done it, only making a new specific thread about it... So that I can sticky it, and we can get rid of the typical "Hey guys, I'm new... I don't know where to buy a gun, or what to buy as far as gear goes, I have a clear pistol that I use sometimes and I wear my dad's Vietnam woodland, but that's blah blah blah you get where that goes"

Thanks guys,
-Mosin

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Or write a sticky that has a list of predesided (elected? volunteers? beats me) users for different guns from whom new guys may PM part lists for their new toys? This would be like that new guy calling to the market and would just push the correct number for correct gun advisement. Got my point? These chosen users who know their guns could do part lists which they could reply for newbies instead of painfully repeating it all over again.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly what Embed and Oakey are talking about is what I'd like done. Just simply make the thread "Blah Blah upgrades & modifications" and inside make two or three different mod setups, for weapon cost + $200, $400, $600, $800+ as well as write links to where you can find the stuff, along with anything else useful, like "Oh this one is going to be good, but you'll want to spend just a little more for a tightbore" and so on...

I personally am just sick of the PM's and the posts of new guys that say they want to upgrade, so I figure if that's one of our main questions asked, then why not try to fix it and see if we don't get more people coming back, due to our amazing list compiliations and the like.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is this limited to Spring powered weapons? I might be able to do a AEG one, then I could run it by big tex just to make sure?

sticks

Go ahead and do one for an AEG, and I'll run through the list for you. Just PM it to me when you're finished.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel your pain Mosin, but it is an open forum with typical problems not the private club. That's why I don't like when see 14 y/o boy in Ghillie suit and running and jumping in the forest. Anyway, how about make a section like a Airsoft Sniper School with Classes - Role of the sniper, Rifle selection, Airsoft sniper rifle upgrade (level 1, level 2 etc.), Sniper discipline, tactics, Art of camouflage (Ghillie suit constructions and types, teamwork and communication (hand signals, radio codes, etc.), Optics (hoe to use), etc. and let them read not add questions. but read only. Then do test form if pass can read another section. .....

And an another section with links to most trusted gun suppliers, other forums, for home work research 8))

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm sorry, Hawk. We already have the section you're talking about

I honestly just don't see the point of having a real version and a 'read-only' version of something we already have. Thanks for your input, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.