I am upgrading my first TM vsr-10 pro. I am almost ready to start ordering:

AA hop up chamber
AA cylinder
AA trigger set
m150 spring
PDI 6.03 barrel
z-kit IR-hop
m-nub

First of all I would like yoour thoughts on the list, but my main question is regarding the bucking. Since it will not have direct contact with the BB, does it matter which one I choose? Could I leave it stock?
Also I do not yet know which brand BB's I will be using, my local airsoft shop has ASG 0.40

Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I actually followed 1tonne's advice and got myself the Prometheus Flat Tensioner Nubs, instead of opting for the M-nub route. This being you have to physically modify the hop-up chamber arm to accommodate an M-nub. Downside if it doesn't work properly, you're left with the fang-less arm.

What bucking you use is of less importance. A harder bucking should seal better and that's pretty much the only task your bucking should do after placing an R-hop.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
You could keep the stock bucking, in theory. The AA chamber has incredible seal out of the box (very tight fit) and you may not even need teflon tape to improve it any further. The big downside with VSR buckings in my opinion however is that they are a bit of a PITA to make flat, which is required for R-hopping. But still doable, just a bit more of a hassle :hehe:

The fact that the nub says that it is intended for an AEG doesn't really matter, it's a "normal" nub. The AA chamber takes "normal" styled nubs. Some special cases use special nubs (for example stock type 96 chambers, or systema's PTW hopup design) but in pretty much all conventional cases this nub will fit :tup:

And unless you will be playing in Belgium or Germany, ASG .4g bb's are not allowed since they are not biodegradeable. If you want heavy .4g bbs your only options are HPA (expensive, hard to get a hold of), bioshot (expensive, not very good) and bioval .4g (expensive, hard to get a hold of, and they're black). I'd recommend G&G .33g, they're much more widely available and they're fairly good :tup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G&G .33 seems affordable and available :)

I will see about the bucking, maybe try sanding this one first, I can always upgrade.

I am starting to doubt my inner barrel choice, since it is a bit expensive (no idea how expensive, x-fire is not that simple). I have heard good things about AA, prometheus and stock barrels. This choice is more important since I want to do the R-hop only once. Then again, I do want the best of course :D

I am ordering from airsoftgi, but they dont have prommy barrel nor flat nub in stock. Also from airsoftworld.net, they have AA and Modify. Hard to find information about barrel windows, which are of course important for r-hopping. I hope to avoid having to machine the inner barrel

·
Registered
731 Posts
Both Laylax and PDI barrels are iffy when it comes to r-hops.
The prometheus barrel features an open window, which makes it easier to pick the right patch but might make movement of the patch more possible.
The PDI barrel has a slanted design, which makes the window a bit smaller than normal barrels, making the r-hop less useful.

Anyhow, I'd get the prometheus barrel if I were you. And a firefly namazu or prometheus equivalent nub. The m-nub might be too squishy to properly provide pressure on the thick vsr bucking.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
That's an AEG barrel, yes. It can fit in the AA chamber with modification, but honestly I would just get a VSR barrel, that's easier.

If you do go with an AEG barrel however, I'd also use an AEG bucking. Or you'll have to modify the VSR bucking to fit an AEG barrel (possible too).

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have to say the best nub I feel on the market right now is the Maple Leaf concave nub.
I have tried them all and I feel this is the best. Also I keep bouncing back and forth with r-hop and the maple leaf setup.

TiMMaTTie,
If you want to make the VSR 10 good, I would suggest.
- AA Chamber
- Maple Leaf Monster Bucking (you pick the degree)
- Maple Leaf Concave Nub

If you want to r-hop (which I think you said you want to)
- AA Chamber
- The stock TM buck (sanded down to flat and rotated 90degree)
- Prometheus Nub

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure on the prommy barrel, got a refund a few hours ago, now I just received order confirmation.

I am kind of starting to doubt :D z-kit and prometheus nubs are already on their way, maple leaf is in stock at airsoftGI, but I already finished my order there..

Prommy is bridged, bad for maple, good for r-hop (right?). Lets wait to see what Airsoft Atlanta is doing with my order ...

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Aye, maple leaf is essentially a drop-in R-hop, it's great, but you can't use a bridged barrel with it. An R-hop will work with bridged barrels though. I think Ahp's suggestion is quite good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great advice! In hindsight I would have gone with a none bridged barrel but I know enough now :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE A2003 met Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts