Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome aboard teheelmao. Please make an intro post so we can get to know you better! ;)

More importantly, please take a look at the rules we have here such as the grammar and punctuation rule. Your post is somewhat confusing to read, and capitalizing the letter "I" can go a far way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Okay, sorry, typed this in a hurry, I just fixed it, hopefully it will be easier to understand. Ill make an intro post, but where on the forum do you want it?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
If the A&K still has the extended V2, I would actually put a 509mm Tanio Koba twist barrel in there, regardless of the fps you run it at. The extra cylinder volume fills the grooves in the barrel and causes the floaty effect even at higher fps.

As far as I know, most AEGs have solid outer barrels, so the inner just slides in, eliminating the need for barrel spacers, or if you do, they would be just a few wraps of paper or electrical tape would do the trick.

.4s are just fine. The heavier the bb, the better it will fare in adverse conditions, so if you have them lying around, you may as well use them. The selector change is a stickied post in the 'Long range AEGs' section.

600th post! Woot!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Are you sure that would work? I'm reading everywhere that 350 fps and up will make this barrel pointless, plus it's $80, and if I get it and it doesnt work, that would suck.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Cheese Man said:
If the A&K still has the extended V2, I would actually put a 509mm Tanio Koba twist barrel in there, regardless of the fps you run it at. The extra cylinder volume fills the grooves in the barrel and causes the floaty effect even at higher fps.

As far as I know, most AEGs have solid outer barrels, so the inner just slides in, eliminating the need for barrel spacers, or if you do, they would be just a few wraps of paper or electrical tape would do the trick.

.4s are just fine. The heavier the bb, the better it will fare in adverse conditions, so if you have them lying around, you may as well use them. The selector change is a stickied post in the 'Long range AEGs' section.

600th post! Woot!
The TK twist isn't based on velocity, it's on the energy of the projectile. More air volume won't help unless were talking about a large increase that can overcome the energy of the projectile.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Exactly. The increase in cylinder size of the EV2 versus the V2 is significant enough that I successfully installed in a STOCK A&K SR-25 a Tanio Koba twist barrel, with a firefly hopup rubber, and a fishbone hop spacer, and saw a 30 meter increase in range. This leads me to conclude that up to about 420 fps, a TK twist barrel is very effective in the A&K SR-25. I don't know if my spotter is on these boards, but it is his rifle, and he can now engage people with a quick burst at 80 meters (tiny lob) and semi at 65 meters at ~410 fps/.2.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hm, my build will be in the 460-480 fps area, because I'm going semi only, so I think I'm just gonna go with a tightbore to play it safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.