Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm doing a series on my YouTube channel. It's a whole month sponsored by one of my Sponsors for my YouTube channel, Airsoft Custom Experts.

One of the guns I'm building and testing during that time is A Sniper Rifle for $225.

Now, I know everyone says,"You can build a good sniper rifle for under $500." Well, I'm going to prove that wrong.

I'm going to take the JG Bar-10, a SP-130 Laylax Spring, and a custom hop-up from my Sponsor. Then doing all the sealing, Air Brake mod, and Cleaning the gun and re-greasing. I need some more links to other DIY mods to do.

I'm expecting to hit 480-500 FPS on the Sniper Rifle. And I'm GOING to do whatever I have to do, to have it hit a man sized chest at 300 Ft. At least 9/10 Times if not 10/10.

So Like I said, Could I get some more links to some mods I should do? Also do you have anymore suggestions?

Subscribe to my YouTube so you can view all the video I will have on the Sniper Rifle. I will have Chrono Tests and shooting Tests after all upgrades.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BBSlingerTv?feature=mhee

Thanks! :tup:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Are these their expectations of you? Or you own expectations?

480-500FPS with a m130 rated spring is going to be a long-shot.

300ft with a good hop up is possible, but nine out of ten is a hail mary.

The only ones I can think of at the moment which you haven't mentioned is

• homemade barrel spacers
  • making a tapered cylinder head
  • use at least 0.43g bb's. If you can find heavier, use those for the chest hitting portion of your challenge.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
wow... fairytales really do happen ;P hahahaha!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are these their expectations of you? Or you own expectations?

480-500FPS with a m130 rated spring is going to be a long-shot.

300ft with a good hop up is possible, but nine out of ten is a hail mary.

The only ones I can think of at the moment which you haven't mentioned is

• homemade barrel spacers
  • making a tapered cylinder head
  • use at least 0.43g bb's. If you can find heavier, use those for the chest hitting portion of your challenge.
Good Luck!
1. I asked a few tech friends what would be a challenge but would be possible with a lot of fine tuning to hit.

2. Well. With the SP-130 Spring , Plus Air brake mode. I think it might be reach able after sealing everything WELL.

3. Thank you for the recommendations! I was planning on making Barrel Spacers all read. I guess I forgot to mention it. Could you share a link to the Tapered Cylinder head? And Yes, I will try to use the heaviest BB's I can find for a decent price.

Thank for the Luck! I think this will be a fun series! And I will most likely be competing against another YouTuber who will have the same base gun, and same budget, and we will see who can make the better rifle for the money. And we will also make many update videos on things we found, Updated Shooting tests, Chrono's etc.

Still open for lots more Modification ideas and what not!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Cylinder head taper DIY:

I would probably also clean the bucking and hopup unit.

Another thing you can do is to add spacers to your spring guide. Usually these are rings that are only millimeters thick. They can increase your fps significantly.

A good idea is to take out the spring while you're not using it (i.e. overnight.) If you leave it in for prolonged amounts of time, you may lose some power due to spring compression.

I think you should squeeze out every FPS you can get.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Okay. Here is what you need to do.

• Keep the stock spring and do the following airseal mods:
  • Polish the cylinder head. Grip the nozzle in a lathe chuck, or in a drill, and go to town. Smooth it down so that the air will flow smoothly through the nozzle. This is, on average, ~40 fps increase right there. Actually, there was a guide posted right above this post.
  • Then, teflon tape and o-ring, obviously.
  • You will want to use an R-hop, and sand down the nub on the VSR arm for an M-nub.
  • Then, drill and tap the barrel in 4 places. ~2 in. in front of the hop unit, directly above and below the barrel, and ~1 in. from the muzzle above and below the barrel. Use the screws closest to the hop unit to center the barrel, and use the screws at the muzzle end to drop the barrel about 2-3mm below center. Now, you can apply your hop and the barrel will not only stabilize the rounds, but apply a little extra hop as well. You will use your regular hopup to fine-tune the hop, obviously, but you should start at the minimum and just tweak it from there.
This (barrel mod + r-hop) usually gets stock VSRs out to ~80-85 m, so if you push the fps a bit, you should be golden. :tup:

PM me if you don't understand any of that, BTW, or if you want me to do it. :yup:

PS - I love these little smileys! :bird::lmao:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
R-hop.
TDC adjuster for more fine-tuning.
Flat hop arm.
biovals or Super Grand Masters.

And you said you are going to prove that you can't build a sniper rifle for under $500, do you mean 'can'?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply's! Keep Em Coming!

Cheese PM inRoute.

And Yes Milo, I meant Can build a decent sniper rifle under $225. When most Snipers will tell you Min. Of $500.

Here is the plan -
1. JG Bar-10
2. Laylax SP-130 Spring
3. Hop-up from my YouTube sponsor, Airsoft Custom Experts. For those wondering here is a brief description. "It stabilizes the BB faster then conventional hop-up buckings, its like a set hopup for all weights of BB's no adjustment needed" . . . "It's similar to the R-Hop, but has way different effects" - Owner of Airsoft Custom Experts.
4. Air-Brake Mod
5. Taper the Cylinder Head
6. Clean EVERYTHING and re-grease EVERYTHING that needs re-greased.
7. Teflon tape the places that needs to be sealed.
8. Sanding down the nub on the VSR arm for an M-nub.
9. DIY Barrel Spacers.

Add to the list!

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah Gotcha. Link to a how to?

This R-Hop thingy..Is...Well I really don't know. But since they sponsor me I get it for free. I'm pretty sure it is really similar looking to R-Hop, but he can't post pictures due to people would steal his idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. I will be doing a Series called "Tech Month" Which will be sponsored. And I will be doing all things tech. I will have lots of updates on this gun as I go. Chrono Tests, Accuracy Tests, And video of me doing all the mods/Upgrades. I will be (Probably) Competing against another YouTuber to see who can build the best budget Sniper Rifle for under $225.

Subscribe to me so you can see all the videos : http://www.youtube.com/user/BBSlingerTv?feature=g-u-u

Tech month will be in May or June...Depending on Sponsors, When I get all my parts etc.

So Yes, Tech month should have about 3 sponsors.

If anyone has suggestions please still post!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update :

I have a JG Bar-10 and a Element M145 Spring on their way here. And the Hop-Up patch from Airsoft Custom Experts should be shipped soon if not today.

I have Almost $50 left in my budget for the build. What would you get?

I'm thinking about a Scope/Gun gillie from WollyAirsoft/Fauncher Ghillie..

Input wanted. Subscribe so you know when I release the videos here : http://www.youtube.com/user/BBSlingerTv?feature=mhee. This series will exceed the quality that is on the channel right now. And it will be the Ultimate Bar-10 guide online. I will also post a written version on here and ASF.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
You could probably keep the stock barrel and just polish the bejesus out of it ;)

Get some wax and make a one piece barrel spacer.
Polish all of the contact areas in the trigger group.
Play with the hop up chamber as much as you can.

As for the scope, just use a cheap one you can get from walmart, because for $50 you are not going to be getting much in the way of quality.

And cheese that is one hell of a deal!! Wonder what an LRB in the kokusai would do ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.